Finding the Value of Leonardo Collection Porcelain Dolls?

I was just wondering if this doll is worth anything. She is called June and I have all her accessories and her box is in mint condition

Answers

Best Answer

I have a whole spiel about how dolls made in factories after the 80's do not have much resale value beacuse they were mass produced and on top of that the market is glutted with them.

This is about the doll's resale value in some hypothetical collectibles/commodities marketplace like ebay or whatnot

Insofar as being able to sell it to a person, it is very nice and has all the accessories so you could get $8 - $15 for it

If you were willing to sell it as a 'haunted doll' on ebay or etsy you could get upwards of $40 (true story)

Answer this Question

17 More Questions

Please help me find out the name of this doll. The doll is approximately 30 years old. Leonardo Collection. Size 40-50 cm

Answers

Best Answer

Many Leonardo dolls did not have names and I know from selling them, when they did have names, they often made the same doll, same dress and gave her several names. They used common names at the time--Beth, Jessica, Hannah, Sarah, and Emily to name a few.

If she was given a name, it would have been on the hang tag or box. Sadly when I used to sell them in retail establishments, people would swap boxes and tags because their (human) Emily had brown hair and wanted a brown hair doll and the Emily we had on the shelf was blond, so Sarah with brown hair had her tags (and or tags and box) switched with the blond Emily's tags (and or box). We tried to catch that, but it was almost impossible.

Are you asking because you want to sell her? If so, the name is truly irrelevant. People want dolls by hair, eye, and dress color.

As a life long reseller and doll person, I am happy to offer tips if that is why you are asking! Blessings!

Answer this Question

We have these 3 vintage Leonardo porcelain dolls I am trying to value them to sell. They are named Jessica, Natalie, and Courtney. I have searched everywhere on Google for information on them but I can not find anything at all.

It's like they don't exist. I have looked on eBay but nothing there. Could this mean they are a rare edition and have not been mass produced? Does anyone know where I could get them valued, please? Thanks

Answers

Best Answer

There may be some rare and valuable Leonardo porcelain dolls but I have never found one that was not duplicated at one time or another.
It is not always easy to find these dolls searching by name because if you check listings posted for sale you will probably find at least 50% do not list a doll's name. Not everyone still has the name tag available even if the doll is new in the box.
The next problem is that most of the doll companies used/repeated the name several times so not all dolls named 'Jessica' will be the same doll as yours. Very few buyers actually care about a doll's name so a name does not necessarily increase the value of a doll or help with the length of time it may take to sell a doll.

The doll market is flooded and it does not appear that it will improve in the future; in fact, most market analysts predict it will remain the same or loose value but not increase. Predictions are usually on a 10 year basis.

You can look at Leonardo dolls on Google and check any of the listings to see what sellers are asking for their dolls. Although an asking price only represents what a seller would like to receive for their items but only a sold price will show value as this represents what someone was willing to pay for that item.
www.google.com/search?q=%22Leonardo%22+porcelain...

Your dolls are very nice and still in the box but I do not believe these dolls would be valued at more than $35-$50. This might happen if very good pictures and a good description was presented.

If you feel that your dolls are more valuable then you could always list them at a higher price - even $150 or more with all offers considered and if no one makes an offer after several weeks/months you could lower the price ans wait again.
If you are an inexperienced seller be sure to pack dolls very carefully as they are fragile and shipping can be dangerous as placing fragile on the box does not mean very much to inexperienced or exhausted workers.

There are some good answers in this link:
www.thriftyfun.com/Value-of-Leonardo-Collection-Doll...

Answer this Question

We've come across this Leonardo porcelain doll "Justine " on a white horse but can not find it anywhere on eBay or anything. Can someone help find what she's worth please? Thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

There are multiple like dolls out there that all have the same features (pretty gal, pretty dress, white horse). They all have different names, like Hannah, Amanda, and yours, Justine.

They are mostly sitting on most online sites unsold in the 19.99 range. You could always start that high and take best offer.

They are sweet and maybe closer to Christmas you would have a better chance for a sale!

Best Answer

It is very sad that the doll market has hit bottom in the last several years and it is very hard to sell dolls right now. If you check online the market is flooded with these types of dolls that are just sitting there unsold for 6 months or longer. Your doll is one that you can actually find on eBay for sale and the average price a person is trying to sell this for is $20. People are just not interested in buying dolls right now and I am not even sure this market will take off again anytime soon. Young girls right now are no longer asking for dolls to collect and have in their rooms. They are more interested in electronics and the age of dolls seems to be dying off rather quickly. If you want to sell this doll the best way to do it is at a swap meet where the person can actually see the doll. You may find some little girls who still love these types of dolls and will ask their parents to buy it for them. It seems that they do sell a bit faster like this because smaller children who do actually still love dolls can't go shopping online to find a doll they want.

Answer this Question

I have this doll. It's 17 inches tall. What is her name? I would also like to know the value. The number on the box is lp8238.

Answers

Best Answer

Dolls of all kinds are just not selling and the ones selling are being sold for such low prices it appears that some sellers are probably paying the buyer to take their doll.

If you do not find her name on the tag, box or doll then you probably will never find her name. Most dolls of this brand do not have names or names were on tags that are no longer available.
You can do research - especially on eBay - and find similar dolls but just remember that asking prices are not value prices but are the price a seller would like to receive for their doll.
Also, dolls are very slow sellers and some sellers keep their dolls listed for months/years and may never sell. I have watched one doll that has been listed for over 4 years and still no sale.

Here is a link to eBay Leonardo dolls that are similar so check them out and place a watch on some to see if they sell.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=+Leonardo+Collection...

If you want to know what someone was willing to pay you can check out eBay's sold listings.

Answer this Question

I want to sell these dolls. They are Leonardo Collection porcelain dolls. I just wanted to see if anyone could help me with a price. I will sell them all together.

Answers

Best Answer

These dolls are ranging from $10 to $40.There are a lot of these dolls on the market ,and more so sense the holidays have passed .I suggest maybe a auction/bid price for the lot to bring in a better price!

Best Answer

The Leonardo company makes mass-produced dolls that are sold on the market worldwide. The price of these dolls has declined so much over the years and people are selling off their dolls right and left. Not a lot of people are interested in buying dolls and list them all the time. If you really want to sell them I would look for a buyer in your own area. Maybe you can sell them easier and get a little bit more movey for your set. Today it is hard to sell the dolls for just $5 each. Hopefully you can find a buyer who is willing to pay a bit more for your dolls.

Answer this Question

I have recently come into approximately 20 Leonardo dolls some of which are duplicates. I have no idea how old they are or what they are worth.

By Jennie from Gwent, Wales

Answers

Best Answer

If you search on eBay you will find so many of these dolls being sold. They are dolls that are mass produced and don't bring much of a resale value at all. Most of the dolls are selling for 2 or 3 dollars each.

Best Answer

These are mass-produced dolls worth less than $25 each

Answer this Question

When I was born my great nan brought me a porcelain doll, but I wasn't allowed to have it till I was older. I'm not interested in selling her, but I would like to know how much she is worth.

She is a Leonardo Collector's porcelain doll and her name is Marilyn. Her face is porcelain and I reckon her hands are too.
Here is a picture.

By Wolfy C from North Wales, UK

Answers

Best Answer

These dolls are beautiful and all but they are mass produced. The price people are selling them on eBay for are $10 to $20 only. Most of them are not sold and the listing is cancelled.

Best Answer

These are mass-produced and worth less than what you paid. You could get $25 max.

Answer this Question

I have an immaculate Sister Francis doll with stand, certificate, and box. I just wanted to find out how much it may be worth. Thanks.

Answer this Question

I brought this Leonardo Collection doll for my nan. I am restoring her but I'm absolutely in love. I want to buy one for myself.

Does anyone know her name She has no tags, no history known from seller. Sshe's soft bodied and has blue eyes.

Answers

Best Answer

There are lots of available Leonardo Collection dolls listed for sale online but finding this particular doll will be almost as difficult as finding the proverbial 'needle in a haystack'.
In my case it would have to be a visual search and that means checking every site that has dolls - either for sale or just pictures
and if you check Google alone there will be plenty of dolls to check.
Even if you had a name it probably would not help very much as most sellers will not have a name as names were only shown on original tags or the very cheap boxes that were usually damaged easily and thus thrown away.
I hope that another member, PGHgirl, will be able to help when she checks in.

I can only suggest that you join some of the doll forums and ask your question. The problem with this is they usually want the doll undressed completely with pictures of full front and full back both clothed and unclothed. Also a picture of markings on the back neck and a full face picture. They really need these for older dolls but for best results pictures are necessary.
They will also want her size (inches).
There are several Facebook groups.

www.facebook.com/.../
www.tapatalk.com/.../
www.facebook.com/.../

You may be able to find some information on this link:

Answer this Question

We recently came across a Leonardo Collection doll, and bought it. Yet from the images online, she is very interesting and unusual compared to most of the other Leonardo porcelain dolls. We managed to find one on eBay which was in rather bad condition compared to ours. She has ginger curled hair, with a petit, realistic look on her face, with green blue eyes, she contains a green and white pearl necklace, she wears a mainly green dress, with leaves and flowers on it, then the tutu bottom to the dress has strokes of other colours, such as pink, blue and yellow, to finish off she wear solid green garment, then sandals at her feet. As I said before she is usually and it sat in a legs to the side position.i have failed to mention before she has angel like fairy wings. Thank you!

By Chloe

Answers

Best Answer

These dolls are mass produced and rarely sell for very much - usually much less than the cost when new. Also, dolls are usually very hard to sell as shipping is expensive and a lot of trouble due to being very easily broken.

Sellers sometimes list similar dolls for months and months and may never sell one. You can try Google, Amazon, Craigslist (best place for dolls as no shipping cost) and retry eBay for even similar dolls. These dolls are best bought just for yourself and not for resale.

Answer this Question

I would like to find out the value of this doll.

I do not now the history of these. Can someone help me please?

Thank you.

Answers

These are both mass-produced dolls. Their value decreases, not increases. It doesn't matter if they were never taken out of the box. They are worth at most $25.

Load More
Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsDecember 7, 2018
🐰
🌻
🐛
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Value-of-Leonardo-Collection-Doll.html