Selling a Doll Collection

Category Dolls
If you have inherited or acquired a number of dolls that you wish to sell, it can often be more effective to sell them as an entire collection. It's best to do a basic search online to make sure you don't have any dolls that are very rare or valuable first to help you in pricing.

How do I find a buyer for my mother's dolls? Some are old royal family dolls such as Diana and Charles wedding dolls. She also has some old presidents, and more.

By Pearl

Answers

Best Answer

You could try selling them on consignment at a local antiques store. Or you could photograph them and have people bid on them at e-bay.

Best Answer

Check e-bays "completed sales" for similar dolls. You'll learn what the doll sold for, how long it took to sell, and lots of other valuable info. There is also a doll museum in Brunswick, GA. You could google it and check with them. Sorry, I can't remember the name!

Who buys dolls? Does anyone travel to look at them?

Answers

Best Answer

I do not know where you live but it is very difficult to sell dolls almost anywhere unless it is a very special doll.

Many people think they have "special" dolls but the internet has
made almost all brands/types of dolls so plentiful (and very cheap)
that you can get almost as much money at a yard sale and a whole lot less trouble.

Check out your dolls on eBay and other sites (try Google) and also check the actives of Thirty for more information.

It seems that porcelain dolls are the most plentiful.
I do not mean that your dolls may not be special so check for
yourself. Some people are using Craig's list to sell things and
with Christmas on its way you may be able sell your dolls.

Perhaps you inherited a doll collection or are simply downsizing and decluttering, but now you are thinking of selling your dolls. This is a guide about selling a porcelain doll collection.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Where can I go to sell collectible dolls other than eBay?

By edna from NY

Answers:

Selling a Doll Collection

You can try Craig's List. (10/14/2010)

By Rose Smith

Selling a Doll Collection

If they are really collectibles and of vintage, try Etsy.com. They have some strict guidelines, but
are great to deal with, and a lot less expensive than eBay is.

MisMachado (10/16/2010)

By Marsha

I want to sell my dolls. I have a big selection. Included are Leonardo and Knightsbridge dolls. Any suggestions?

By tracey j from west Midlands

Answers:

Selling a Doll Collection

Check your dolls out on eBay. If anyone has any of them listed, you'll get a good idea how much the dolls are worth. Dolls are a great item on eBay, too. Consider quality, condition, demand, age, and do your homework. You'll learn a lot.

You'll be charged a listing fee (sometimes it's free and you'll often be able to add as many as 12 pictures of each doll, and that also might be free. When (and if) your doll is sold, you'll be charged a Final Value Fee based on how much it sells for.

If you are paid through PayPal (which is the safest), you'll be charged a fee by PayPal, but it's safe and usually very fast, so you're able to ship your doll right away. You'll have to be willing to pack and ship in a timely fashion and sometimes that can take up a lot of time.

It sounds a lot more involved and difficult than it really is. To get started, just contact the sales department of eBay, and someone will be happy to help you. They have people trained to guide you through every aspect of buying or selling on eBay.

Good Luck to you.

Pookarina (06/15/2010)

By Clyde

Selling a Doll Collection

Collections such as yours are getting harder and harder to get rid of, let alone make much of a profit. Because of the advancing age of the collectors, they are looking to "down size" and the younger people just aren't interested. They do not have sentimental ties to such items and are the generation of wanting "new". (06/17/2010)

By Dorothy

I have a large collection of dolls: Effanbee, Barbie, and other collections. I would like to sell them. I also have a Michael Jackson, Princess Diana, her flower girl, and Fergie, to mention a few. Can anyone give me some advice for the best method for selling them?

By PUCCI from GA

Answers:

Selling a Doll Collection

I'm sorry to say that doll collections, etc. are only worth what a buyer is willing to pay for them. Place a free ad on Craigslist, or try selling the collection on eBay.

And if you still don't have any luck in selling them, donate them to the Goodwill or Salvation Army and get a tax deducible receipt for income tax purposes. (02/01/2010)

By Marjorie

I have close to 250+ dolls, some from late 1950's to 1980's. I have some Barbies. When my grandmother passed away they were left to me.