Finding the Value of Homeart Porcelain Dolls?

Category Dolls
There are many designers and manufacturers of porcelain dolls. Some are more valuable than others. Many of them such as Homeart dolls were mass produced and typically are not very valuable. Research will help determine if your doll is an exception.

This doll's name is Pamela. She stands tall and has only ever been on show, not played with. I purchased her in the 1990s. Does she have any value?
Thanks.

Answers

Best Answer

Dolls of this type/brands are generally very low value and very slow sellers and right now I would say the selling has slowed down even more due to the virus and general lack of available non-essential funds.
For a doll to be even slightly valuable it would generally have to be a higher end brand and sought after by some type of collector. I do not believe your doll falls in that category. In cases like this - age does not make it more valuable as most of the dolls on the market are from 10-30 years ago.

This appraisal was given for Pamela in 9/2019 but this is for being sold in Australia and even this low price does not hold true in today's market. I do not believe they actually found a sold Pamela doll but one similar as sold dolls usually show up on our research for several years (and they do not have to show evidence of a sale).

www.justanswer.com/.../cveu0-porcelain-doll-tag-reads.html

Very few of this brand doll is listed for sale or sold in the US as this seems to be a 'UK' doll.
You can check out listings on eBay to see if anyone happens to list a Pamela or similar doll and place a watch (US or UK) to see if it sells as only a sold listing will show actual current value (asking prices are just something the seller is hoping to receive for their items).

This doll did sell on US eBay in 3/2020 for $25.95 plus shipping but it is a more popular doll (bride doll) and still new in the box.

www.ebay.com/.../324092221543?hash=item4b7566d867...

Here is a link to eBay's sold listings so you can see what dolls are selling for: US & UK

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Homeart+Porcelain...

Here is a link to another site that has several of these dolls listed for sale. These are asking prices and they are low.
I would say in a better market time your doll would be valued at less than $35 but may take months/years to sell - or - maybe not?
There are better venues to sell dolls than eBay so check out other sites.

Best Answer

This is so sad because now 30 years later dolls have lost their value and are no longer a collectible items like in the past. Years ago everyone was buying dolls and the majority of dolls sold in the market were mass produced dolls.

They sold for a very high price. Today these dolls are selling at an all time low. Most dolls like this are selling for $5 to $15 only. You are lucky if anyone buys the dolls today and most of them are just sitting on eBay and Esty waiting for a buyer to buy them.

I have had the doll in this purple dress for almost 20 years. It has Homeart Collector's doll on its back, but doesn't seem to have any other marks on it. I have no idea what year it was made. The second doll I've also had around 20 years has some numbers engraved on the back, but I don't know anything else about it.

I am interested in their names, date of manufacture, and value.

Answers

Best Answer

These are pretty dolls, but not worth much. They are mass-produced and worth $25 or less.

Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsMay 17, 2019
📓
😷
🌻
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Finding-the-Value-of-Homeart-Porcelain-Dolls.html