Grease Stain on Suede

Sponge spot with a cloth dipped in white vinegar. Dry and restore nap by brushing with a suede brush.

Source: MSU Extension

Answers:

Grease Stain on Suede

My daughter got grease on her suede boots. We tried the vinegar which worked a little, but what was even better was to lightly use a regular pencil eraser on the spot. It worked great. Good Luck. (11/18/2007)

By Melanie

Grease Stain on Suede

I've just tried the rubber (eraser) remedy to tackle a lot of grease marks over my brand new suede jacket. I bumped into someone in greasy overalls on my way to work. I'm so impressed, it's done a really good job. I thought the jacket may be ruined. Thanks so much! (05/19/2008)

By Jill

Grease Stain on Suede

I ate a small salad without taking off my nice suede coat and got balsamic on the lapel. I used some suede leather cleaner and then I just did the eraser thing on my suede jacket, now I'm all set. Tip: Don't panic, go slow, and don't ruin your item. (01/10/2009)

By elstringsio

Grease Stain on Suede

Thank you for the eraser tip! This really works. I just tried it on a suede jacket that I was thinking about throwing away due to a big, ugly grease spot on the front. Now I have to search for the place where the stain used to be. (02/12/2009)

By Jennifer

Grease Stain on Suede

Thank you, thank you. I bought a pair of suede shoes and the 1st day wearing them, I spilled salad dressing on them. I only had baby powder available at the time so I put some on the stains, let it sit for a while, and brushed it off. Although the satins were less noticeable, they were still there. After reading about the eraser trick, I tried it and amazingly they are hardly noticeable now. (07/05/2009)

By lanman2u

Pair of men's suede boots in hall
Cleaning Grease Stains on Suede
Suede Couch
Cleaning Cat Urine From Suede
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Blue Suede Shoes
Removing Mildew on Suede
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper
🎄