Grease Stains on Carpet

I am trying to sell my truck and unfortunately there are a few (significantly sized) mechanical grease stains on the tan-colored interior floor (it's carpet-like material). Anyone have any ideas on what to use, or how I can get the grease out?

By jenny_veve from Vancouver, BC Canada

Answers:

Grease Stains on Carpet

I use a product called Greased Lightning from Walmart. I use it on all kinds of grease on lots of different surfaces. It's $3 for a gallon and I add it to an old spray bottle from home. (06/13/2009)

By Sandy/Pittsburgh

Grease Stains on Carpet

You might try a product called Folex. I bought mine at Walmart. It is a white spray bottle. It works pretty good. You might also try Simple Green. You can find it at Walmart in the automotive section. It is great for all kinds of things. You can even use it in the dishwasher and washing machine. I use it to clean pretty much everything. You can check out all the uses on their website, www.simplegreen.com. Hope this helps! (06/13/2009)

By harrison2009

Grease Stains on Carpet

You might try GOOP. It's a white lotion that dissolves mechanic grease from hands. If it works on hands melting away, it should work on carpet, but you might have to repeat it a few times depending on how old the grease stain has been in carpet, how thick it is on the carpet and how deeply embedded the stain has gone. I'd also try a good grease remover product, and there's a lot of good products out there now. (06/13/2009)

By Lorelei

Grease Stains on Carpet

Folex is what Home Depot recommended. It works great on any carpet problems. (06/13/2009)

By anniems

Grease Stains on Carpet

Try using lighter fluid. It really works. Just squirt a little on the carpet and rub it with a paper towel or rag. (06/14/2009)

By NCchic

grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet
🎉
🎄