Grilled Chicken and Macaroni
Vote for this contest contender!
This is a healthy alternative if you love regular pasta, red and white quinoa macaroni!
Prep Time: 35
Cook Time: 25
Total Time: 1 Hour
- 1 lb red & white quinoa macaroni
- 3 tsp salt
- Dash of pepper
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 2 lb chicken breast
- 2 tomato
- 1/2 pkg mushroom
- 3 green onions
- 1/2 white onion
- 8 pieces scallops
- 1 jar Bertolli organic olive, basil & garlic tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 gal water
- Clean chicken breast well and cut in half. This will make the chicken breast thinner so when it will cook faster. Then pat chicken dry and marinate for one hour with salt, pepper, garlic powder and olive oil.
- Wash, cut and prep tomato, white onion, green onion, and mushrooms.
- Using a George Foreman Grill, cook chicken for 4 minutes per side or until ready.
- In a pot, fill 1/2 gallon water and dash of salt to boil the macaroni. It takes only 4 minutes, but you want to read the instructions as boiling time varies depending on brand. Once boiled, drain and wash with cold water and set aside.
- Get a pan, add vegetable oil and heat on high. Add scallops and stir fry for a few minutes. Then add crushed garlic, mushrooms, tomato, and dash of salt. Cover for 8 minutes.
- Now in the same pan, open the jar of tomato sauce and add fish sauce. Stir until the sauce is warm.
- Now ready to plate. Scoop macaroni onto a dish, add the pasta sauce and grilled chicken.
Optional: Garnish with cilantro
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!