Grinding Meat

I bought a meat grinder yesterday, because I am tired of the high price of hamburger and ground pork. I plan on buying roasts when they are on sale and grinding them myself.

By Lisa T.

Answers:

Grinding Meat

Grocery stores in my area will grind any meat free of charge when you ask. The only exception is, if it a marked down item.

On a mark down item, then I will grind it myself.

I hate to clean the grinder, if I don't have too.

(10/01/2004)

By Syd

Grinding Meat

After you grind the meat, run a bit of bread or cracker through the grinder to be sure all the meat is through. Makes it easier to clean, too. (10/01/2004)

By lindal

Grinding Meat

I am on a lowfat diet, and to know for sure that my ground beef is lowfat, I grind my own. Our Kroger Stores often have beef roast on sale, usually for $1.69 a pound.
Grinding your own eliminates large quantities of fat in your hamburger. And another problem is that most places add water to meats, steaks and hamburger alike. So grinding your own eliminates this problem also.
(10/04/2004)

By Harlean from AR

Grinding Meat

One year my husband hunted deer. When he left meat at the butcher, he brought home the meat he wanted us to grind. We added some sausage and ground up pounds and pounds for breakfast sausages. It was really delicious. (10/07/2004)

By patsAZ