Growing Mimosa Trees in New Hampshire

I have several mimosa trees growing in my yard. They are small enough that I plan to dig up a few and take them to my daughter in New Hampshire. Does anyone know if that kind of tree will survive the harsh winters, my daughter always gets a foot or more of snow?

According to this article, it's fine in the cold but not so great in sudden prolonged freezing period:

http://homeguid … -tree-69653.html

Looks like its possible. Though Mimosa trees do not like frost, but it's do-able and hopefully it works out for you!

Reference:

Do you have a Cold Hardy Mimosa Tree? https://www.fas … -Mimosa-Tree.htm

Mimosa tree is cold weather tolerant -

Nee Hampshire is not an ideal environment for these trees, but you can try to protect them for the first few winters.

There are some mimosa trees that are more cold hardy but I believe your daughter should ask her county extension agent before taking them all that distance. Mimosa trees are not really that easy to keep growing in Florida (not because of the weather) as they are still prone to several diseases and many just never look very pretty. You may be lucky and have some nice trees but if you look further north than Orlando you will see some sad looking trees.

Please ask her to Google - county extension agency with her zip (or you can do it and use her zip) and ask this question as it is always disappointing to put effort into growing something only to see it wither or die.