Growing Orchids

I have 2 orchids and both have a white powder on them. They do not look healthy. Can someone help me what am I doing wrong?

By djxn from Colfax, CA

Answers:

Growing Orchids

I've been growing orchids for several years and vaguely remember getting something that may be similar.
I ended up using a mixture of water and a touch of Murphy's oil soap and hand washing each leaf. Then I thoroughly rinsed the plant and its soil out. (It's best to use water that has been left standing for a few days so it is room temperature, and then let the plant dry out almost completely before the next watering.) My plant was not blossoming at this time, but now it blossoms every year and looks beautiful for 6 to 8 months at a time.

I hope this helps your plants.
(06/12/2009)

By dmalia

Growing Orchids

Mine got this when I ended up watering them too much. I have a garden tub with a shower so I got some of the triangle corner shelves that go in the bath and I just set them on it and the heat and steam seem to be great for them. They have bloomed 2 times this year. (06/12/2009)

By battlespire