Growing a Mexican Red Bird of Paradise Tree

Category Shrubs
bright red, orange, and yellow flower
This beauty is an excellent choice for your arid landscape. This is a guide about growing a Mexican red bird of paradise tree.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Photo Description
My first time to ever see such a beautiful bloom on a plant, I thought! Until I got home and read the label and it says, no water preferably full sun, tree gets 10 foot wide by maybe up to 15 foot tall! I said you're kidding, I've already planted it into my yard, but only six inches away from my fence OMG what to do?

Just enjoy the beauty, by far one of the most colorful blooming trees I've ever seen. It's always nice to wake up, sit outside, and enjoy its beauty. I have absolutely done nothing to the tree except for Miracle Gro soil and water every once in awhile and one time have I given it plant food in the eight months I've had it. It is 12 foot tall literally. The no maintenance plant you can not go wrong growing. They also have a yellow Mexican bird of paradise tree. Please look for this plant in your local nursery and try it on for size and remember size matters. lol Peace out.

Photo Location
Dickinson Texas

Comment Like this photo? 3

Stunning!!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

In NM, our bird of paradise shrubs are more yellow and pink. Do yours make the seed pods that twist when ripe and fling seeds hither and yon?

Reply Like this photo? Yes