Finding the Value of Paradise Galleries Dolls?

Category Dolls
Paradise Galleries is know for its collectible dolls including realistic baby and toddler dolls. This is a page about finding the value of Paradise Galleries dolls.

I have an older doll wearing a pink dress and matching hat. Can anyone tell me about this doll? I tried to email Paradise Galleries, but they said they didn't have any information on retired dolls and to ask a doll collector.

Thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

There were thousands of each type doll produced and most did not have a name so researching has to be done by 'sight' unless someone just happens to recognize your doll. That is the reason the companies tell visitors to ask a doll collector.

Very few companies keep records of discontinued dolls and you can easily see why - out of the thousands of similar dolls - how would they find your doll in their records?

You can search eBay or Etsy for your doll but eBay has 2,300 Paradise Galleries dolls up for sale right now and sometimes there are even more.
You will have to search for your doll by sight - you may be able to narrow the search by checking some of the features on the left of the eBay screen but it is a slow process.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2323012...

You can also check the same way in sold listings and get an idea of their value - what people are paying for similar dolls.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Paradise+Galleries...

You can search Google but it will be difficult to find your doll.

www.google.com/search?q=vintage+Paradise+Galleries...

If you're interested in asking doll collectors you can try these two sites:

www.tapatalk.com/.../

www.facebook.com/.../

Best Answer

Retired dolls is a very nice way of saying the company mass produces thousands of dolls each year. Dolls such as this are not highly sought after from doll collectors at all. Therefore to find out any information on the doll will be almost impossible. The only hope you do have is to check on some online sites that sell dolls like eBay or Esty. You will need to check there to see if anyone has listed this doll for sale. More than likely it will not be found and it can take years before anyone will try to sell one of these dolls.

I have inherited many porcelain dolls and know nothing about them. I can't find the names and values of most. Is there anyone who can help?

Answers

Best Answer

I will share with you the same advice I shared with another person who asked about selling dolls:

Before considering selling your dolls, you need to know exactly who/what they are and their value.

There are dolls out there worth nothing (some of which costs hundreds new sadly) and dolls worth thousands of dollars.
Taking the time to carefully research your collection will give you the best idea of how to proceed with selling or even if it is worth selling.

The best way to find the value is to look up each doll on eBay and go to the sold section to see what people are paying for them. This gives you the current market value.

Research is easy when you know the doll maker. With these steps:
Look at the box or the dolls neck, back, feet, butt for markings and determine who she is. If she has a certificate of authenticity, that should tell you all you need to know.

1. Type the dolls info into eBays search engine
2. Click to search
3. Go to the left side of the screen and click sold auctions
4. Match your doll to the photo and that gives you the value (SOLD = VALUEasking price only = what the seller thinks it is worthNEVER use asking price to value something).
5. If your dolls are not found in the sold section, unclick the sold button and look to see what people are askingthat does not give you a value (value is only what people pay), but it will show you what people think they are worth. It can give you a VERY LOOSE starting point, but usually asking price is not helpful for valuing anything.

Since you said you can't find the names, the next best thing is to scale back the info in the Search Engine if you can't find the exact match the first time.meaning search by 18 inch blond doll red dress. Sometimes you just have to put in blond doll and look through thousands to find a math. It can be tedious, but if you love to research, it is a FUN challenge!

Keep track of your findings on a piece of paper or in a spreadsheet.

Note SELLING PRICE and what people charged for shipping.
Shipping info important to determine value as if someone sold a 10.00 doll with free shipping, the value is going to be pennies as it costs to ship in free shipping means that comes out of the SELLER (YOUR) pocket, but if someone charge 10.00 shipping, the BUYER pays that and the doll value would be the selling price plus the shippingif you decide to try to sell them in a local market like Facebook Market Place or Craigs List or LetGo etc.

Once you know all your valuesthen you can determine how or if you want to sell, keep, donate, find a child who will love them.
Selling dolls on eBay (and Etsy) is a tedious process and your profit (value is what you ask, profit is what you get after everyone takes their fees) is small since the fees are killer.

Shipping them is even worse as they are so fragile and must be packed very carefully. If you dont figure shipping right you can end up losing the value of the doll and more, which is why I tell everyone if you are going to sell, package and weigh the doll BEFORE you list it so you put it into eBays calculator correctly DO NOT let eBay calculate the shipping cost. It is wrong almost always!

That all said, eBay and maybe Etsy, are the best places to get the most value (and profit) for dolls if you have rare, old and valuable dolls. JUST OVER PACKAGE (layer after layer of bubble wrap, air pillows, cardboard etc.) The USPS is rough on packages.you need package carefully and make sure to do this BEFORE you list so you can weigh the doll wrapped and charge the right shipping. I have forgotten to do this sometimes and sadly lost money on shippingdont be in a hurry about this like me :(

If you find that many of your dolls have little or no value (like under $10) you could consider grouping like brands together to sell as a lot which in selling lingo is selling 2 or more items together (like mentioned abovethrough Facebook Marketplace, Craigs List, Nextdoor.com, Let Go etc.)

The local sales bypass the terrible challenges of shipping, BUT require someone come to your house to get the item or you meeting them in a SAFE PUBLIC PLACE! That can also be a hassle.

Also for low value dolls you can also consider finding a consignment shop to sell them for you (which means they set the value and split the profits with youa great option if you can find a consignment store who will take them as many have a GLUT of dolls and dont deal in them.

OR, if you can take the tax write off, consider donating them to a place where they actually get into the hands of children who would love them, like a Toys for Tots program, a childrens hospital or rehab, a women and childrens homeless shelter etc. This is my favorite thing to do for dolls that are lovely, but have no financial worththey have lots of worth in being loved by a child.

Last is if you have little ones in your family who would love them, give them to them and let the dolls be dolls and loved and played with.

Katherine is a Paradise Galleries 4 foot tall porcelain doll. How much is she worth?

Answers

Best Answer

On eBay people are listing these dolls for a bit more than other dolls. That does not mean anyone will buy them for the price they are asking. I see the dolls being listed for 35 to 89 dollars. I would check the sold prices of these dolls to make ure what the real value of the doll is worth.

I have a Paradise Gallery bride doll about 17"+ tall. I want to sell it and need to find the value.

Answers

Best Answer

Again-An easy online search for "Paradise gallery bride doll value" produced many answers. EBay has the dolls at bids around $100.00. Keep in mind that just because the doll may be fancy, old, inherited, etc., it most probably has little value as most are mass produced in the thousands. Try the site below for further research:

collectdolls.about.com/.../blgallp.htm

How much is a porcelain 1998 Christmas premier edition doll worth? She sings 18 note musical movements, holiday favorites, such as Silver Bells. She was made by Patricia Rose and bears the artist's signature of approval. She is in mint condition, she's still in her box and has never been taken out.

By Lucy from Lake Elsinore, CA

Answers

Best Answer

This is a mass-produced doll and has little value, even if never taken out of the box.

I have inherited a decent sized collection of dolls from Paradise Galleries. They come from someone I cared for deeply and I plan on keeping them, but I would like to know what they are worth. They are from the late 80s to late 90s and in amazing condition. How do I look them up? Does Paradise Galaries have a link?
Thanks.

By MS. S

Answers

Best Answer

This line is mass-produced. It is probably worth less than what your friend paid

I have two Paradise Galleries Treasury Collection, premiere collection porcelain dolls. Baby Taylor (African American) and Baby Morgan (white porcelain). I have the certificates and all. How do I find their worth? There are many P.G dolls, but I have not found anything online about these two.

By Lexx H

Answers

Best Answer

It seems you may have already checked Google and other places for an answer, so I can only recommend looking for similar dolls and what they have SOLD for; not prices people are asking.

eBay has a sold area that you can find if you look for your item and then scroll down the left side of your window and find "sold Listings". Similar dolls can at least give you an idea of what people are willing to pay for similar dolls. Selling dolls is a not an easy task and may take weeks or months.

I have three, never out of the box, Paradise Galleries porcelain dolls. How do I find the value of them?

By Danielle from Rigby, ID

Answers

Best Answer

Hi - there are about 600 of this maker on eBay so you may be able to check yours out.

Does anyone know designer of these dolls? I can't make out the signed name. Value?

Answers

These are all mass-produced dolls that are worth less than $25 each.

It was my great grandmother's. I was wondering the value.

Can you tell me the value of a Native American doll from Paradise Galleries? The number 650 is on the neck.

Answers

She is the White Star and is lovely. She is actually an Eskimo gal. Sadly she is sitting unsold on eBay for as low as $5, most of which have been sitting on the shelf so to speak for months and months.

Unfortunately, they just made too many of them.

If you have a child who would love her, that would be the best value for her!!

Blessings!

www.paradisegalleries.com/.../native-american-dolls This is the manufacturers website

They can help you identify it. It is a mass-produced doll which decreases in value, unfortunately. Yours is number 650 in the lot.

Thank you for ya feedback

Thank you I'll keep her for my grand daughter

That makes me happy to hear!! Dolls were made to be loved and not sit on a shelf getting dusty!! May she enjoy many joyful hours with a new dolly friend!! Blessings to all!

This doll is like new, it has never been used for play, only as a display.

I just bought my first porcelain doll at a thrift store. I found the name "Patricia Rose" under her hair on the back of her neck and a year printed 1998 and a written number F778. I am just curious of the value, but would appreciate if someone could give me full identification of this doll.

Thanks.

What is this doll worth? She has a number 1246-C on her neck.

Load More

Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsDecember 7, 2018
🌻
📓
😷
🐛
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Value-of-Porcelain-Dolls-from-Paradise-Galleries.html