Growing a Small Garden Indoors

I just read somewhere that small coolers (the throw away kind) are perfect for growing my own carrots, potatoes, radishes, and that I can grow bell peppers in a pot and grow strawberries and tomatoes from hanging pots. Is this really possible? I only have a patio door and one window (about the same size) that get full sun at least part of the day.

Before I invest in this great sounding way to feed my family some food we may not get as often unless I can grow it myself, I need to know I won't just be throwing money away trying. Is it possible? How much sun do these items need to grow and flourish?

By MoonLitBelle from Las Vegas, NV

I don't know how potatoes would work in a pot, tomatoes need eight hours of sun. I know for sure that radishes would be successful and I have heard lettuce. I tried to grow peppers in a pot on my patio that didn't work, because I probably only have 3-4 hours of sunlight, when the sun shines in SD.

I would only do this for the enjoyment of gardening if that appeals to you. I would not count on harvesting a bounty of veggies as that's unlikely.

Gardening Indoors
Gardening Indoors
Home and Garden Gardening VegetablesJuly 29, 2011
palm near window
Growing Palms Indoors
Seed Starts by Window
Starting Seeds Indoors
Indoor herb garden.
Growing Herbs Indoors
Composting Indoors
Composting Indoors
🎉
🎄