Hair Catcher For the Drain

Place an old, used fabric softener sheet over the drain. The hair will stick to the sheet, allowing the water to flow smoothly down the drain. When you're done, just toss the sheet into the wastebasket.

By Lynda from Kearny, NJ

Bad idea to use fabric softener sheet. Sure in theory it will stop hair from going down the drain, but should the fabric sheet slip down the drain you have just escalated the problem. Best idea is to use a simple hair catcher ($4.99 @ bed bath and beyond) & twice a month check the actual drain for anything that may have gotten through the catcher, but a bad idea to use fabric sheet. My husband (a contractor) recommended I immediately voice this to save people from a lot of headache from snaking out of drain.

Dryer sheet is ok if you have a drain cover. I might try it. The wholes in my drain cover allow hair through.

Photo of a shower and bathtub.
Keeping Hair Out of Your Shower Drain
Home and Garden Home Improvement BathroomJune 13, 2011
Metal sink drain.
Getting Rid of Drain Flies
stained glass hummingbird sun catcher
Homemade Sun Catcher Ideas
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
🎄