Hair Catcher For the Drain

Place an old, used fabric softener sheet over the drain. The hair will stick to the sheet, allowing the water to flow smoothly down the drain. When you're done, just toss the sheet into the wastebasket.

By Lynda from Kearny, NJ

Bad idea to use fabric softener sheet. Sure in theory it will stop hair from going down the drain, but should the fabric sheet slip down the drain you have just escalated the problem. Best idea is to use a simple hair catcher ($4.99 @ bed bath and beyond) & twice a month check the actual drain for anything that may have gotten through the catcher, but a bad idea to use fabric sheet. My husband (a contractor) recommended I immediately voice this to save people from a lot of headache from snaking out of drain.

Anonymous

Dryer sheet is ok if you have a drain cover. I might try it. The wholes in my drain cover allow hair through.

I found this extremely helpful as I am in Mexico....I do not have a dryer sheet, I improvise with a hand towel - there is no need to purchase a product, this method is effective, free, does not harm the environment nor the animals upon which products are tested and is overall quite practical....Thank You!

Failed to mention please purchase cruelty free, people and animal safe and environmentally friendly dryer sheets!