Hand Dishwashing Liquid Reviews

With so many different dish washing products on the market, you want to be using the best value. This guide contains hand dishwashing liquid reviews.

June 16, 2008 Flag

I found a new product called Dawn Simple Pleasures dishwashing liquid with air freshener beads attached to the bottom. My kitchen smells great! And when the detergent is gone, I drop the air freshener beads on the floor and vacuum them up. Every time I vacuum now, the whole house smells fresh and clean.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 15, 2005 Flag

So many recipes for cleaners, insect control, plant food, etc and all-round-solutions-to-everything specifically recommend Dawn Dishwashing Liquid as one of the ingredients. Can someone tell me just what is so special about Dawn that it is recommended by name? What makes it superior to any other dishwashing liquid?

Seagrape

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Several years ago after the Exxon Valdez oil spill, I was watching a news program when I noticed a bottle of Dawn on the cabinet in back of the people who were washing the ducks, otters and other animals damaged in that debacle. No mention was made at that time of the product, but I figured if it removed oil from ducks, it would do the same for my dishes and pans! Years later I learned Dawn was recommended for such extreme circumstances. I don't know how its particular ingredients combine to do the job...but they do!

Best Answer

It has ammonia in it.

Personally, you can take your favorite detergent and add your own ammonia to it!

Best Answer

I don't know the ingredients but it is so highly recommended because it works so well while being safe. I live in Cincinnati (home of P&G who used to make Dawn) I remember a wreck a few years ago where an oil tranker lost it's load. P&G donated the Dawn to clean it up. With many products the of the generic will do but I've never found anything that is such a good cleaner--even all by itself.

Best Answer

Several years ago my then 3 yr old granddaughter put a whole large jar of vaseline in her hair. Nothing seemed to get it out. They called the 800# on the vaseline bottle and explained their problem. They said use Dawn...it is mild and safe. It took a few washings because of the amount in her thick, long hair, but it worked like a charm. Keep a bottle on hand, if only for emergencies.

Best Answer

Dawn is the best for killing flea's also. Put water in a sprayer and spray the yard with it. My cat's come to me every morning and I use a flea comb on them and put a cup with one drop of Dawn and some water. Knock flea's in the water and in seconds they are dead

Best Answer

I am a real skeptic about 'brand names'. That doesn't convince me at all, but Dawn is everything it claims to be.

2-3 drops make swishy water for wiping down the kitchen.

I use it to remove lanolin from raw sheep fleece (I'm a spinner etc). It really cuts grease.

Now watered down versions are sold in discount stores and that's a different story. Buy the regular Dawn, full strength. Best if you have Costco, buy the big one and it will last 6 months.

Best Answer

I've heard that Dawn contains ammonia. Makes sense: that would explain why it cleans so well and why it says don't add bleach.

Best Answer

Wow! This is an excellent post. I have learned so much from reading all of these recommendations for Dawn. There is no higher praise for any product than the loyalty of its customers. All of these satisfied customers just couldn't be wrong. I've just added a bottle of Dawn to my shopping list! Thanks to you all.

Best Answer

The comment of Dawn being used during the Valdez Oil Spill is true. Here in New Orleans when BP had an off-shore oil rig explode and thousands of oil messed up our whole Gulf Coast, many different kinds of animals were trapped in large pools of sticky oil. When they were rescued, they were cleaned with Dawn dishwashing detergent. I still remember seeing a bottle sitting on the beach during the newscast. I have been using Dawn ever since. I never thought about using it as a spot cleaner. Great idea!

If it is so "natural" why does it burn my skin?

April 21, 2013 Flag

What is the best hand dishwashing liquid for cutting grease?

By Ripp

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Dawn, it is what is used to clean birds that have gotten caught in an oil spill.

Consumer Advice Product Reviews CleaningApril 25, 2013
Dishwasher detergent being poured into a dishwasher.
Cleaning With Dishwashing Detergent
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Little Girl Dishwashing
Saving Money On Dishwashing
Homemade Dish Soap Recipes, Man Washing Dishes
Saving Money on Dishwashing Liquid
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 20, 2017 at 10:15:49 PM on 10.0.2.219 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.