Hand Sanitizers Are Poison To Children

Received this e-mail from a friend and wanted to share it.

By PICO from ST PAUL, ALBERTA

Editor's Note: We found the original Snopes article. It is all about the dangers of hand sanitizers due to the high alcohol content, especially for small children. Anyone who has small children around and uses hand sanitizer should read the Snopes article here:

Answers:

Hand Sanitizers Are Poison To Children

This was also on our local NBC news at 10:00 P.M. a few nights ago. Also, I have a nephew who is in Pharmacy school and he told me that this apparently is a serious problem.

You never know, do you?? (06/18/2007)

By matjat

Hand Sanitizers Are Poison To Children

This stuff is used in my son's Spec Ed class. I volunteer and see the teachers squirt it on the kid's hands before lunch, more convenient for them than having to wash hands of 7 kids but I am letting them know about this or at least request that my son's hands are washed with soap and water. He has his hands in his mouth all the time! He's in Summer School now and I don't know what's going on there but I'm assuming it's the hand sanitizer so I printed the article and am sending in his backpack tomorrow.

I am also going to send it as an email to the school district. I think they need to know this and should stop encouraging the use of it on the youngest kids, especially those with special needs that don't understand things like this. (06/18/2007)

By Debbie52

Hand Sanitizers Are Poison To Children

Be aware also, for slighter older kids, that this stuff is also quite flammable. (I won't go into details but we have had an "incident" here). Not sufficient reason I think to outlaw it but certainly grounds for close supervision as always with almost anything and children! (06/18/2007)

By pandama

Hand Sanitizers Are Poison To Children

I never knew this. Thank you. (07/23/2008)

By mulberry204

Beware Of Alcohol Poisoning from Use of Hand Sanitizers
Poison Oak leaves.
Getting Rid of Poison Oak
Poison Sumac Bush
Remedies for Poison Sumac
Homemade hand sanitizer pump bottle.
Homemade Hand Sanitizer
Poison ivy growing up a tree trunk.
Getting Rid of Poison Ivy Plants
🎄