Hard Water Stains on Porcelain

I have a new black porcelain cast iron double sink. Does anyone know of a product to remove the hard water stains without scratching the surface? I know there is a product out there, but it has not surfaced yet. Help.

Nana from Albuquerque, NM

Answers:

Hard Water Stains on Porcelain

I think the absolute best product for removal of hard water stains is plain old vinegar. (02/20/2006)

By Connie from MD

Hard Water Stains on Porcelain

When I rented from a very picky woman, the apartment had the same kind of sink and she suggested using Barkeepers Friend, it worked great. You may also try Comet, the new formula does not scratch. I use it on my stainless steel sink. (02/21/2006)

By jmz2005

Hard Water Stains on Porcelain

Rubbing alcohol may work.

(02/22/2006)

By FFL

Hard Water Stains on Porcelain

I live in TX and I have never had any luck with vinegar, room temperature or heated. Holloway House Orange oil works like a charm and another reader said De-Solv-It worked for her. Good luck. (02/23/2006)

By suzi_homemaker01

Hard Water Stains on Porcelain

Try Bring-It-ON water spot remover. It's a paste that you wipe on, leave on for a few minutes to dissolve the minerals, and wipe off. Invented by a gal that got tired of trying things that didn't work.
(09/04/2007)

By donrowlett

Hard Water Stains on Porcelain

As porcelain enamel is a glass surface fused to a metal base it is advisable not to use acid cleaners on porcelain enamel. Porcelain enamel is acid resistant, but not acid proof. The glass coating can be gradually dissolved by acids and expose the metal underneath and cause a lot of damage.

Natural Formula to Use:
A mixture of baking soda and warm water

Method to Use:

1. Make up the mixture of water and baking soda

2. Scrub stains with a soft brush or sponge

3. Rinse thoroughly with water to remove all residue

Tip:
When scrubbing the stains be careful to rub gently as once the porcelain surface has been scratched it easily picks up any grease, dirt, or soap residue. Then harsh abrasives really are necessary to remove debris that has become ingrained within the surface.

(09/28/2008)

By HardWaterExpert

RE: Hard Water Stains on Porcelain

Hard Water Stains on Porcelain
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Stained Porcelain Cup
Cleaning Stained Porcelain
🎄
🍂