Hard Water Stains on Porcelain

How do I remove the stubborn stains caused due to hard water in the wash basin? I tried a lot, but there is no relief for me. Please help.

By jayasree

Answers:

Hard Water Stains on Porcelain

I'd try full strength white vinegar. Do this at night and let it stay overnight. Close the drain and put some paper towels or rags over the worst spots. Pour on the vinegar and check in the morning. You might have to scrub a bit with a plastic scrubbie, but the residue should come off if it's been saturated with the vinegar. (02/21/2010)

By OliveOyl

Hard Water Stains on Porcelain

The only thing that has removed hard water stains from my bathroom tile is The Works toilet bowl cleaner. I put on rubber gloves and use a Magic Eraser and the cleaner. (02/21/2010)

By SusannL

Hard Water Stains on Porcelain

You can fill the sink with hot water and dissolve a couple of denture cleaning tablets in the water. Let it soak overnight and the stains should scrub off easily. (02/25/2010)

By catastrofy

Hard Water Stains on Porcelain

Try CLR, a stronger acid, if the vinegar treatment doesn't work. (02/25/2010)

By louel53

Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Stained Porcelain Cup
Cleaning Stained Porcelain
🎄