Hatching a Goose Egg

I found a goose nest with 6 eggs in it. My boss told me to throw them off the boat but instead, I gave 5 to my friend and one I kept. We had just seen the mom earlier. I am keeping the egg wrapped in 2 blankets and a human heating pad on low. Do you think it is still alive? What should I do? I do not have an incubator.

By Man13 from Knoxville, TN

Answers:

Hatching a Goose Egg

Get the movie "Fly Away Home". The girl on there came up with an ingenious way of keeping her goose-eggs alive and hatched them all. Plus it's a fantastic movie and based on a true story. But if you watch it you should be able to get some ideas from it. Good luck. (05/04/2009)

By Cricketnc

Hatching a Goose Egg

Incubation is a delicate process with precise temperature, a turning eggs over schedule that is very important, and a specific humidity setting, too. My neighbor used to hatch eggs with an incubator and I was fascinated with how persnickety the whole process was. Call the nearest feed store and find out who has an incubator. If you do hatch it out, it will be a wild-type goose, right? I thought the title of that movie was "Father Goose", I could be wrong. (05/04/2009)

By kimhis

Hatching a Goose Egg
Roast Goose Recipes
Roast Goose Recipes
Broody Hen
Dealing With a Broody Hen
Soft Boiled Egg
Making a Soft Boiled Egg
Egg Salad
Making Egg Salad
🎄
🍂