Help With Crochet Instructions

I have just learned to crochet and I came across in my pattern directions, "2dc closed together on next two dc". I have no idea what they are talking about and I was hoping someone could please help me. Thanks.

Denise from Marion, NY

Answers:

Help With Crochet Instructions

I believe that it means to crochet the first one until you have 2 loops left, then do another DC until you have 2 loops, then pull through all 4 loops to make the two DC's into 1 DC. This would be if you are reducing at that spot. Hope this helps. (07/24/2008)

By Tracy H.

Help With Crochet Instructions

This means you are suppose to work 2 double crochet together in each of the next 2 double crochets. Work a dc in the first dc., but leave a loop on your hook. Work the second dc and leave a loop. Then pull yarn through all loops. Repeat this in the next dc. (07/26/2008)

By Charlotte

Help With Crochet Instructions

I found a crocheting for dummies book at a book fair, for less than 5 dollars, great help. (07/31/2008)

By micksgirl

Help With Crochet Instructions

While not an expert in crochet, having only learned to crochet last summer, I too have struggled over crochet instructions. I'm of the understanding that your "2dc closed together on next 2 dc" is a bizarre form of decrease. Try this: work 1dc, but do not draw yarn thru last 2 loops on hook. Work the next dc until 1 loop remains, yo, and draw thru all 3 loops on hook. One dc decreased. Practice this a couple of times for it to make sense. Hope it helps. Heidi. (08/01/2008)

By Bella69

Help With Crochet Instructions

This seems to be the beginning of a pattern stitch, such as a popcorn stitch. Your best bet would probably be to look at the beginning of the instructions for a list of "Special Stitches". They usually explain what the stitch is and how to achieve it. (08/19/2008)

By mepixie1

Help With Crochet Instructions
crochet snake
Making a Crochet Snake
Making a Bow Style Crochet Headband
Making a Bow Style Crochet Headband
Crochet
Making a Crochet Pattern Book
A person crocheting a pink baby blanket.
Finding Time to Crochet
🎄