Nautical Filet Crochet Bookmark
Silver Answer Medal for All Time! 440 Answers
April 15, 2021
To create this bookmark, I used the crochet filet technique. You need to know how to crochet chain stitch, single crochet, double crochet, bullion stitch, slip stitch. I am the author of this nautical pattern with one sailing boat, one dolphin, one starfish, one seahorse, four seagulls, and eight fish, corals. Your kids should love this bookmark. Please respect my copyright, do not use this bookmark or pattern for sale.
Total Time: 2 Hours
Yield: 1 Bookmark 7.5 cm wide and 27 cm long
- White yarn, 100% cotton, 560 m/100 g
- 1 Crochet hook 1.10 mm
- 1 Scissors
- Dye (optional)
- Prepare a pattern. For this bookmark, I made the pattern with 12 cells wide and 66 cells long. You can create your own pattern by painting over the cells.
- Crochet 3 chain stitches (ch) for each cell of the pattern + 1 ch. For 12 cells in my pattern, crochet 37 ch (12 * 3 + 1 = 37).
- Crochet first row according to the pattern: 3 ch for lift, 3 double crochet stitch (dc) - first filled cell; 2 ch and 1 ch - white cell. Continue crocheting according to the pattern: crochet 3 dc instead of every filled cell; 2 ch and 1 dc instead of every white cell.
- Continue crocheting according to the pattern from bottom to top. Work in rows, start every row with 3 ch - lift.
- At the end of the pattern finish of crochet but do not cut the yarn.
- 5 ch for a lift, crochet 7 bullion stitches (bs) in one stitch. * Skip 3 stitches, 1 single crochet (sc), skip 3 stitches, 8 bs in one stitch. Repeat from * 3 times.
- Continue crocheting the side of the bookmark with single crochet (sc).
- Continue crocheting the bottom of the bookmark like the top in the step 6.
- Continue crocheting the another side of the bookmark like in the step 7.
- Crochet slip stitches to move on the top of the first arch, * 8 bs in one stitch between two arches, 3 sc on the top of the next arch. Repeat from * 2 times. Crochet slip stitches to move on the corner of the bookmark.
- Finish of crochet. Cut the yarn.
- Hide the end of the yarn.
- Dye the bookmark (optional). Starch the bookmark. You can speed up drying by ironing it through a piece of white paper.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.