High Fiber Recipes

I am looking for some high fiber recipes. I need to switch to a high fiber diet. Does anyone have any tips or recipes to share?

Dee from AZ

High Fiber Diet

Check out some vegetarian recipes. I have been a ovo-lacto vegetarian for about 13 years and a lot of my protein comes from alternative sources that also happen to be high in fiber. My favorite is Veggie Chili. It's mostly chili beans, Kidney beans and tomatoes. Mexican food is also really good source of fiber. Good luck. (02/27/2007)

By Designersheets

High Fiber Diet

I love Black Beans. It's ridiculous how much fiber is in them. They are high in sodium so I drain and rinse them. I throw them into everything from a salad to taco meat. (02/27/2007)

By Sarah

High Fiber Diet

I had to go on a High Fiber Diet to help me lose weight about 10 years ago. I have menus, grocery lists and recipes to share if you want me to send them to you like in a weekly email. It is also low fat. 8 years ago I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes and this diet along with Weight Watchers helped me lose from 300 lbs to 180 lbs. I have 40 lbs to go. Email: EvelynBill56 AT aol.com (02/27/2007)

By Evelyn H.

High Fibre Diet

Hi Dee
Not sure where AZ is (I'm assuming it is in the USA as you spell 'fibre' differently there), but in Australia, we have access to high-fibre milk and bread. I love these products! Otherwise, I would recommend getting a book from the library or a shop which details fibre contents of foods - legumes and beans are highly recommended, plus powdered fibre such as Metamucil (if you have it wherever you're from) from psyllium seeds to stir into drinks. Good luck with that!

Editor's Note: AZ in the U.S. is Arizona (02/27/2007)

By Cathy

High Fiber Diet

Here's a great way to start the day: mix about 3 Tablespoons oat bran in a large glass of thick juice (I use hot & spicy V-8 but any thick juice will work). Mix well and drink it down! I've done this with wheat bran too, but oat bran is better for you and goes down easier. You'll be amazed after just a few days how good this will make you feel. (03/12/2007)

By Alph

High Fiber Recipes
Photo of a large high school and its football field.
High School Activities Ideas
Bran Muffins
Increasing Fiber in Your Diet
High Protein Bread Recipes
High Protein Bread Recipes
Low Carb, High Protein and High Fiber
Low Carb, High Protein and High Fiber Recipes