Increasing Fiber in Your Diet

Category Dieting
Dietary fiber can provide a variety of health benefits. This is a page about increasing fiber in your diet.

I discovered a great way to add a little fiber to Meatloaf. My family was none the wiser. I used crushed Fiber One Bran cereal. I used one cup of cereal instead of breadcrumbs or cornflakes. Place the cereal in a sealed bag or in a food processor to crush and add when you would normally add the breadcrumbs. Did not taste any different. I will start experiencing other places too, like breading and coating for fish and pork chops.

By Monica Adam from Pingree Grove, IL

Increase the fiber in your diet and save on dish washing by eating tasty uncooked oatmeal. Yes, uncooked oatmeal. Don't knock it until you have tried it!

When visiting Turkey, I noticed uncooked oatmeal on the breakfast buffet. I asked my Turkish host and learned that regular uncooked oatmeal is a common breakfast food eaten as a cold cereal with milk. I wouldn't think of messing up a pot to cook oatmeal when it tastes BETTER uncooked. The one minute or quick cooking variety (not instant) is best when eating oatmeal as a cold cereal.

Can't sleep? Uncooked oatmeal with milk is a quick, and easy midnight snack when you have jetlag or other difficulty sleeping. Both the milk and oats are natural sedatives.

At other times, I also stir uncooked oatmeal into my yogurt for added flavor, texture, and fiber.

By The Aunt from Dacula, GA

Food and Recipes Food Tips DietingJanuary 7, 2013
😎
🐛
🌻
📓
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Increasing-Fiber-in-Your-Diet.html