Finding Old Weight Watchers Menus

Category Dieting
The Weight Watcher's diet program has been around for decades and undergone a number of changes. Finding information on a specific program you used in the past is possible if a bit of a challenge. This is a guide about finding old Weight Watcher's menus.

The Weight Watcher's program has gone through many variations over the years. Certain plans work better for some people than others. This is a guide about finding Weight Watcher's Quick Start menu.

A woman reading a recipe off a tablet, preparing a healthy meal.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Does anyone have a copy of the menu plans, if believe there may have been 3 to 4 different menus, from the 1970s or 1980s. I have one that was week 1. But I never did get the other ones. My grandmother had gotten it from someone at church and we followed it to the nose. It works great, but I would like to have the others so that I can get back to losing weight and getting healthy.

Answers

This website has the meal plans. http://www.forw … iginal-diet-plan

http://www.dwlz … o/old1972ww.html i typed on google.. weight watcher menu plan from the 1070's and came up with this.. I hope it helps you ... and good luch on your weiht lossss !!!!

You may have trouble finding individual plans/menus as I have not seen those but I do have some of the older books that have some of the best of WW menus and recipes.

I also found a later edition called Weight Watchers 365-Day Menu Cookbook and it has some very good plans and recipes. This book  paperback or hard cover  can be found on Amazon or eBay if you are interested.

Here is a link to a 1966 menu and cookbook that has a lot of the 1970 menus. This book is not expensive.

https://www.ama … eASIN=B005EICFAG

This link is to a 1976 Cookbook with menus and it is not expensive:

https://www.ama … GGNKTG5MKC4AYZSC

Check out Weight Watchers on Pinterest. There is one from 1972 entitled "What You Can Eat in a Typical Day"
https://www.pin … hers-meal-plans/

Anonymous

Thank you. I will check those out today.

Thank you. I will check that out.

Do I have to stick to a special plan with Weight Watchers? Eat specially prepared foods, etc.

By Tonita P

Answers

I have been a member of Weight Watchers for over 3 years now and have lost about 75 pounds. I am getting pretty close to my goal weight. For me, it was the most helpful thing.

Points are determined by a calculation using the amount of fat, protein, fiber and carbs in the specific food. Foods that are high in sugar and fat have a higher point value. "Power Foods" such as low fat dairy or whole grains tend to have a lower value. All fresh fruit and most vegetables have a value of 0 points. The system calculates a daily point target based on your current weight and height. You are given weekly points to use as you like, for occasional treats or celebrations. You can also earn more points for activities such as walking, exercise classes, gardening, etc.

Although they have lots of prepackaged snacks and meals, you don't have to buy any of them. They are just there for convenience. They also have recipes and meal plans if you need help deciding what to eat. Members are supposed to weigh in at a weekly meeting. The meetings are great for encouragement and ideas.

Good luck in your weight loss journey. I've never felt healthier and I actually enjoy exercising now. Although it has been a long process for me, it has definitely been worth it.

You do not have to buy special "weight watcher" foods or any sort of supplements. There are recipe suggestions; ways to make things like chocolate cake worth less points, for example.

Is there anyone willing to send me copies of the old Weight Watcher books from the late 80s and early 90s? Do you have any suggestions where I can find these older editions?

By Cindy

Answers

My aunt recently passed away and I received a "mystery box" of books. There is a "Quick Start Plus Program" from Weight Watchers in it. I am allergic to the fruit and dairy, so can't use these books. It is from 1988. If you are interested, e-mail me at basyly roberts @ yahoo.ca (no spaces). I live in Canada.

I've had some success searching through the book shelves of thrift shops.

Does anyone have the chart for Weight Watchers Quick Start that you filled out every week? If so, please let me know. Thanks.

By Bonnie

Answers

Here is one that was sent to me from another poster here on TFC.