1990's Weight Watcher Plans

Category Dieting
Finding the older diet recipes that have worked for you is sometimes a challenge. This guide is about 1990's Weight Watcher plans.

I was wondering if anyone has or knows where I can find any Weight Watchers program materials from the early 1990s? (I am looking for the program where you check off the boxes for fruits, veggies, proteins, carbs, etc.). If so, please let me know. I am very interested in them. Thank you!

By Andy G.

Answers

Hi! I don't know where to find them, but here they are for women:
Protien: 9 oz total
Bread: 3 slices total; include 1/2 cup rice, or pasta, etc. as one serving.
Milk: 2 cups; include yogurt, ice cream, etc. (if using Ice cream, cut the fats)
Fat: 3; includes veg oil, mayo, butter, etc.
Veggies: 2 cups at least.

Once: eat liver & onions. no more than 1 oz hard cheese a day; Drink at least 8 cups of water a day. If eating Peanut Butter, its 2 Tbsp. and cut out one fat. Cottage cheese and cereal are counted as proteins.

If you cheat, cheat with veggies or proteins. You can get the old WW cookbook and that has all of the values in there too. Try buying an old one from Amazon.com.

Hope this helps!

Does anyone have the old weight watcher plan from 1998-1999. It was exchanges?

I have the originals. I have been making copies of them . If you want them, email me at vhcrna@gmail.com 4-16-2017

Could you send me a copy? I've been looking for this plan for a long time. Thanks.

Hi May I have a copy?
Thank you so much.

Diane

I walked into a second hand store and among the books I found a plastic folder with the 1990 Weight Watchers diet in it. It is a 3-level diet plan, complete with food lists, an unused diary, etc.

I have never been on Weight Watchers before, so my question is, on each level, you are allowed a certain amount of "floaters" per week, but I read through all the literature in the folder and I can't find an explanation of what a floater is.

I searched the web and ThriftyFun and can't find an explanation, although I did learn that Weight Watchers hasn't used floaters in their diet plans in quite a while. If anyone has been on the 1990 diet and knows what a floater is, I would appreciate it if you would share that information with me.

By Fortunately

Answers

I'm not exactly sure either, but if I were to take a guess, I would say they are similar to the flex points in the more modern Weight Watchers program. These are extra points for each week that you can use or not, it's up to the dieter. They can be used all at once for a splurge or spread out through the week. I believe it's 35 flex points per week for the current plan. Good luck to you!

The above is correct. A floater is an extra fruit, protein, etc. You are allowed so many per week and the extras (however that maybe) is a floater, but you have to be careful not to over do it.

I was on the Weight Watchers program in 1986-87. We had floaters back then. They were extra foods that could be eaten if we were still hungry and needed a little extra. We had 21 floaters at our option, that was 3 per day if we needed them. we could have fruit, bread, protein, and milk. One serving counted as one floater. I hope this helps.

Hi I'm happy to see that someone has the menus from 1991. Would you be so keep no to provide me with a copy of week 1. I have looked everywhere and I can't find it. I remember it worked very well.

So happy to see you have the 3 wk meal plan. Would you be so kind to provide me with a copy of wks 1. I have looked everywhere for it. I would love to have a copy of wk1. This was a great diet that worked for me yrs ago.

I would love a copy of 3 week meal plan, have not been able to find anything, is quick start there too - have stones to lose and need to start soon, many thanks

Hi

Would you be able to send me a copy of this please

Hello, on that same program did we not get calorie options? 750?? a week??

If I remember correctly floaters were extra points and I believe you could have 100/day or 700 for the week

I am looking for info on the Weight Watchers program from the early 90s, the one where you eat so many servings of protein, milk, fats, starches, and vegetables. If anyone could help me locate these materials I would appreciate it.

By Linda S.

Answers

8-8 oz glasses water
2 servings fruit
3 servings veggies (1/2 cup) minimum
2 servings dairy
6-8 ounces protein
6 servings bread (slice) or pasta (1/2 cup)
3 fat (1 Tbsp.)

Anonymous

I think it was 4 bread, and two floaters (which I always used for bread)

2 servings of dairy what would that include and how much per day?

how many floaters per week /or per day

I have a magnetic board from a Weight Watchers plan from about 1990 where you have so many carbs, milk, proteins, fat, bread, etc. per day, but I haven't kept the details of how much a bread weight is for instance and protein and milk, etc. Does anyone have this information please as it was a plan which really worked for me much better than any recent ones.

Answers

From the Thriftyfun archives:

Protien: 9 oz total
Veggies: 2 cups at least.
Hope this helps!

I had great success with the Quick Start program. Would anyone have copies of the program? I think it was somewhere between 1991-93. I think it was a 2 week quick start and I really liked the food diary check off sheets they provided. I can photocopy so I only need one copy.

By Louise

Answers

did you find it, I did also and I would like a copy