Weight Watchers Recipes

I'm looking for an old WW dessert recipe from the 1980s that includes pumpkin, pineapple and dry milk. It was like a crustless pie. Does anyone remember this and do you have the recipe?

Answers

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 196 Feedbacks
Best Answer

I think I found it! I love my subscription to Newspaper.com! I can find all of my old favs and make them new again!! Thanks for asking about this!! Need to break out the baking pans for the holidays!!

Answer this Question

Mix pudding and milk. Mix in sour cream. Fold in cool whip. Layer wafers, bananas, pudding ending wafers on top.

A great salad for those on the Weight Watchers Diet Program and a PointsPlus low carb recipe as well (1 point). Healthy and delicious!

This an easy and quickly assembled, quick cooking recipe. A weight Watchers Points Plus+. It's also a Low Carb recipe with 0.1 grams of Carbohydrates per fillet!

38 More Questions

A friend of mine was on WW back in the mid - late 70s. She did great. I remember her making a chocolate treat that you froze and it tasted like a chocolate bar with nuts in it. All I can remember is it contained crushed pineapple and some type of chocolate.

You mixed these two ingredients together and wrapped them in tin foil and froze them. Could it be sugar free dry chocolate pudding and pineapple? Thank you for any info.

Answers

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
Best Answer

I think I found it:

Chocolate Pineapple Treats

1 package chocolate Alba '77 shake
1 (8oz) can crushed pineapple in juice

Combine Alba and pineapple in a small bowl. Stir until well blended.

Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper on a cookie sheet. Freeze until firm. 3 points for all. Counts as 1 milk and 2 fruit servings. Can also use can of pineapple to reduce points to 2.

Answer this Question

My grandmother had a recipe from Weight Watchers for breakfast bars.
I remember some ingredients, peanut butter, honey, Alba 77 - chocolate or vanilla flavor, honey, and raisins. She wrapped it up in foil and frozen them. I am awaiting the recipe.

Answers

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
Best Answer

I dont think they make Alba anymore. I think this recipe is close. www.weightwatchers.com/.../5902e17c5205f34837419127

Answer this Question

I am just wondering if anyone can give me the Weight Watchers' Marshmallow recipe from the 1970s?

Answers

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 140 Posts

I hope this is the recipe , because there is more than one- www.weightwatchers.com/.../5bbb21545ef9620010287770

I have been looking for the old version of the WW pumpkin bread recipe that I used in the 70s and 80s. It was made in small individual loaf pans and the flour was actually stale bread, an egg or two, artificial sweetener, pumpkin obviously, etc.

Does anyone still have it? Thank you!

Answers

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts

I cant find that one, but I have made this version with a can of pumpkin and a box of spice cake mix. www.google.com/.../weight-watchers-2-point-pumpkin-muffins...

My mom went to Weight Watchers back in the mid to late 70s and early 80s. My sister and I remember a chocolate brownie type snack she used to eat. We aren't sure if it was a breakfast item or a snack. We think it had some sort of fruit in it or on it. We rarely got to eat her "diet" food, but for some reason we both remember this. We are just wondering if anyone knows or has a recipe that fits this description. Thanks.

By Meehansbride from SD

Answers

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but I've eaten them and they're amazingly good.

www.grouprecipes.com/.../weight-watchers-low-fat-brownies...

Answer this Question

It's that time of year again, the diet started yesterday! After a break of 16 years I am following the old Weight Watchers Exchange System. If anyone has any good recipes or tips I would love to hear from you.

Jacquie from England

Answers

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 107 Feedbacks

WW Danish (this is a nice breakfast treat, but make 2 one isn't enough!)

Toast sliced bread (I used low calorie) 35 calories
Spread with cottage cheese (drain with fork)

Sprinkle with cinnamon
Sprinkle sweetener over top (I used equal)
BROIL till bubbly (so good!)

By Chayil (Guest Post)

Per person:

2 portobello mushrooms, cleaned, with stems removed
1/4 C pizza or pasta sauce (low fat jarred, canned, or homemade)
1 oz low-fat or non-fat mozzarella, grated
grated parmesan cheese
oregano
olive oil spray

Preheat oven to 450 Fahrenheit degrees.

Turn the mushroom belly-up, so that you can see the space where the stem used to be. Spoon on 2 TBSP of sauce (that's half of a quarter-cup) per mushroom and half an ounce of mozzarella. Cap it off with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, a sprinkle of oregano, and a little spritz of olive oil spray. Repeat with all other mushrooms.

Bake on a baking sheet for 15 minutes.

If you use low-fat cheese, each person gets two Points, per Weight Watchers; non-fat cheese is worth one point.

If you use non-fat cheese, this is Core, according to the Weight Watchers system that was in place until December 2008 (I couldn't afford to maintain my membership anymore, so I don't know the new system very well). This provides one dairy serving, one vegetable serving, and one Healthy Oil serving. It can be a small meal, a snack, or a side dish for other items. Did I mention it's only two Points?

Best of all, this pizza is crustless, so it works for Celiac sufferers, diabetics, and anyone who doesn't want to spent the extra 5 Points for eating crust!

By Mary C. (Guest Post)

I lost 95 lbs. Twentyfour years ago and one of my favorite recipes is Waldorf Salad. 1/2 can of water packed tuna, 2 stalks of celery, 1 red apple, and a few sliced almonds.

Mix with 2 T. fat free mayo and 1 T. rice vinegar.

By LovingLynden (Guest Post)

I slice up a lot of zucchini into a pan, add broth (there's all kinds of fat free flavors to choose from but just regular is my preference) and let it cook to a mush. I then put the blender right into the pan and puree it. I add curry powder to taste and warm up a cup for 0 points - very good!

I am looking for a Weight Watchers recipe from the 80's, zucchini soup.

By Eileen diButera from Long Island, NY

I am searching for an old Weight Watcher's recipe for pineapple sherbet.

By Merla from Manhattan, KS

Answers

From the Weight Watchers website: Lime Sherbet (and variations)
Preparation: 5 minutes, plus 20-25 minutes chilling time; optional 2 hours to ripen. Makes ten 1/2 cup servings.

3 c. whole milk
1 c. frozen limeade concentrate, thawed (see Variations below)
3 tbsp. sugar (see Variations below)
1 or 2 drops green food coloring, optional (for lime sherbet)

Combine the milk, limeade concentrate and sugar in a blender or food processor fitted with the metal blade, or in a large bowl. For lime sherbet, add a drop or two of green food coloring if desired. Blend or whisk until sugar is completely dissolved. Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes or more.

Pour mixture into an ice cream freezer, and freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Makes ten 1/2-cup servings.

Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 69 (31% from fat) - carb. 10g - pro. 2g - fat 2g - sat. fat. 0g - chol. 10mg - sod. 37mg

Variations: You can substitute almost any frozen concentrate to replace the limeade concentrate. For example, orange juice concentrate, lemonade concentrate, pink lemonade concentrate, piña colada mix, strawberry daiquiri mix, margarita mix. Make the sherbet as directed, using a bit less sugar and up to 1/4 cup additional concentrate, depending on what mix you use. For example, orange sherbet will use 1-1/4 cups orange juice concentrate and 2 tbsp. sugar.

Pineapple Sherbet: Combine 1 cup fat free vanilla yogurt (Greek yogurt preferred), 2 cups whole milk, 1 cup pineapple juice concentrate (thawed), and 3 tablespoons sugar. Make the sherbet as directed. (This recipe will have more calories than the others.)

Weight Watchers Pineapple Sherbet

8 servings, 3 points each.

1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
Ingredients
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons water or pineapple juice
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup low fat buttermilk

In a small heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat, add the pineapple, sugar, water or pineapple juice, lemon juice and zest. Stir just until sugar melts. Let cool to room temperature.
Transfer pineapple mixture to a food processor, with 1 cup buttermilk. Puree until smooth. With the motor running, gradually add remaining buttermilk, until smooth and well blended.
Pour into a freezer-safe dish and place in the freezer. Freeze until firm, at least 2 hours. Eat and enjoy! Hope this is it.

Does anyone have a Weight Watchers recipe for no-bake pumpkin pie from around the 1990s? It was very easy to make and I seem to remember that it had Knox gelatin in it. Any help would be appreciated.

Been looking for the 70s carrot cookie recipe from Weight Watchers. It is made with carrots, powdered skim milk, and I cannot remember the rest. They were good and I would like to make them for My Move Program group. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Load More
Food and Recipes Recipes DietingApril 18, 2013
🌻
👒
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Weight-Watchers-Recipes-1.html