Weight Watchers Recipes

Category Dieting
Expand your meal choices, when dieting, by adding tasty Weight Watcher's recipes to your menu. This page contains Weight Watcher's recipes.

My mom went to Weight Watchers back in the mid to late 70s and early 80s. My sister and I remember a chocolate brownie type snack she used to eat. We aren't sure if it was a breakfast item or a snack. We think it had some sort of fruit in it or on it. We rarely got to eat her "diet" food, but for some reason we both remember this. We are just wondering if anyone knows or has a recipe that fits this description. Thanks.

By Meehansbride from SD

Answers

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but I've eaten them and they're amazingly good.

http://www.grou  at-brownies.html

It's that time of year again, the diet started yesterday! After a break of 16 years I am following the old Weight Watchers Exchange System. If anyone has any good recipes or tips I would love to hear from you.

Jacquie from England

Answers

WW Danish (this is a nice breakfast treat, but make 2 one isn't enough!)

Toast sliced bread (I used low calorie) 35 calories
Spread with cottage cheese (drain with fork)
Sprinkle with cinnamon
Sprinkle sweetener over top (I used equal)
BROIL till bubbly (so good!)

By Chayil (Guest Post)

Per person:

2 portobello mushrooms, cleaned, with stems removed
1/4 C pizza or pasta sauce (low fat jarred, canned, or homemade)
1 oz low-fat or non-fat mozzarella, grated
grated parmesan cheese
oregano
olive oil spray

Preheat oven to 450 Fahrenheit degrees.

Turn the mushroom belly-up, so that you can see the space where the stem used to be. Spoon on 2 TBSP of sauce (that's half of a quarter-cup) per mushroom and half an ounce of mozzarella. Cap it off with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, a sprinkle of oregano, and a little spritz of olive oil spray. Repeat with all other mushrooms.

Bake on a baking sheet for 15 minutes.

If you use low-fat cheese, each person gets two Points, per Weight Watchers; non-fat cheese is worth one point. If you use non-fat cheese, this is Core, according to the Weight Watchers system that was in place until December 2008 (I couldn't afford to maintain my membership anymore, so I don't know the new system very well). This provides one dairy serving, one vegetable serving, and one Healthy Oil serving. It can be a small meal, a snack, or a side dish for other items. Did I mention it's only two Points?

Best of all, this pizza is crustless, so it works for Celiac sufferers, diabetics, and anyone who doesn't want to spent the extra 5 Points for eating crust!

By Mary C. (Guest Post)

I lost 95 lbs. Twentyfour years ago and one of my favorite recipes is Waldorf Salad. 1/2 can of water packed tuna, 2 stalks of celery, 1 red apple, and a few sliced almonds. Mix with 2 T. fat free mayo and 1 T. rice vinegar.

By LovingLynden (Guest Post)

I slice up a lot of zucchini into a pan, add broth (there's all kinds of fat free flavors to choose from but just regular is my preference) and let it cook to a mush. I then put the blender right into the pan and puree it. I add curry powder to taste and warm up a cup for 0 points - very good!

Anonymous

can you post other recipes you used

I am searching for an old Weight Watcher's recipe for pineapple sherbet.

By Merla from Manhattan, KS

Answers

From the Weight Watchers website: Lime Sherbet (and variations)
Preparation: 5 minutes, plus 20-25 minutes chilling time; optional 2 hours to ripen. Makes ten 1/2 cup servings.

3 c. whole milk
1 c. frozen limeade concentrate, thawed (see Variations below)
3 tbsp. sugar (see Variations below)
1 or 2 drops green food coloring, optional (for lime sherbet)

Combine the milk, limeade concentrate and sugar in a blender or food processor fitted with the metal blade, or in a large bowl. For lime sherbet, add a drop or two of green food coloring if desired. Blend or whisk until sugar is completely dissolved. Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes or more.

Pour mixture into an ice cream freezer, and freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Makes ten 1/2-cup servings.

Nutritional information per serving:

Calories 69 (31% from fat) - carb. 10g - pro. 2g - fat 2g - sat. fat. 0g - chol. 10mg - sod. 37mg

Variations: You can substitute almost any frozen concentrate to replace the limeade concentrate. For example, orange juice concentrate, lemonade concentrate, pink lemonade concentrate, piña colada mix, strawberry daiquiri mix, margarita mix. Make the sherbet as directed, using a bit less sugar and up to 1/4 cup additional concentrate, depending on what mix you use. For example, orange sherbet will use 1-1/4 cups orange juice concentrate and 2 tbsp. sugar.

Pineapple Sherbet: Combine 1 cup fat free vanilla yogurt (Greek yogurt preferred), 2 cups whole milk, 1 cup pineapple juice concentrate (thawed), and 3 tablespoons sugar. Make the sherbet as directed. (This recipe will have more calories than the others.)

Weight Watchers Pineapple Sherbet

8 servings, 3 points each.

1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)

Ingredients
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons water or pineapple juice
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup low fat buttermilk

In a small heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat, add the pineapple, sugar, water or pineapple juice, lemon juice and zest. Stir just until sugar melts. Let cool to room temperature.
Transfer pineapple mixture to a food processor, with 1 cup buttermilk. Puree until smooth. With the motor running, gradually add remaining buttermilk, until smooth and well blended.
Pour into a freezer-safe dish and place in the freezer. Freeze until firm, at least 2 hours. Eat and enjoy! Hope this is it.

This isn't a WW recipe, but one that I devised that is very simple and low calorie. Freeze pine-apple chunks (either fresh or tinned in juice and drained). When frozen, whiz in food processor with sweetener to taste, and enough fruit juice or water to moisten and blend smoothly. You can also use cream or coconut cream instead for a creamier but higher calorie version. (Other fruits and berries, or combinations, can also be frozen and used instead. Frozen bananas make a particularly creamy dessert.) Serve immediately for a soft-serve sorbet, or freeze until firm and flake with a fork. Brenda in Oz.

I have been looking for an old WW lunch recipe that had tuna on toast, topped with asparagus, a type of Swiss, mayo, and Dijon mustard or mustard seasoning sauce on it. You would then broil it until the cheese melted. My daughter remembered the recipe from when she was a child and wanted the recipe, but I can't find it now.

By Mireille

Answers

Could this be the recipe? (just copy and paste the link below into your search engine...)
https://books.g  melt&f=false

Close but it's not it.

I am trying to locate the old Weight Watches books from the 1980s/1990.
If anyone knows where I can find them I would very much appreciate it.
Thanks for any help.

Answers

if you are looking for the cookbooks from this era, I have several. Please contact me directly.

I am looking for the 1970s Weight Watchers chicken caccatiore recipe. It was made with tomato juice, fresh celery, peppers, and mushrooms. The spices included parsley, basil, dried minced onion, and oregano. It was in a Weight Watcher cookbook.

By P. Affeldt

Answers

Have you tried finding it with your search engine? There are lots of WW recipes out there.

Does anyone have a Weight Watchers recipe from the 80s for tofu Spanish rice? It had grated carrots, celery, and tomatoes and was cooked in a skillet. Thank you.

By CB

Answers

You can search online for many old and new Weight Watcher recipes. I am not sure just which recipe you need:

I am looking for a Weight Watchers recipe from the 70s. It is a breakfast recipe that used egg, crushed pineapple bread, and sweetener. It was baked. I loved it. Does anybody have the recipe? Thanks.

By LH

Answers

I found this one:
Pineapple French Toast. http://recipes.  sp?recipe=584318

Weight Watchers Points: 4
Calories 163
Fat 5.6
Fiber 1.9

Minutes to Prepare: 10
Minutes to Cook: 20
Number of Servings: 1

Ingredients

1 medium egg
1/4tsp.cinnamon, divided
1/4cup canned crushed pineapple, no sugar added
1 slice raisin bread

Directions
In a shallow dish, beat the egg and 1/8 tsp. cinnamon. Drain juice from pineapple into egg mixture; beat again. Prick both sides of bread with a fork. Soak bread in egg mixture, turning several times until as much egg mixture as possible is absorbed. Carefully transfer to a nonstick baking sheet. Combine drained pineapple and remaining 1/8 tsp. cinnamon with any leftover egg mixture. Spread on top of bread. Bake at 4oo° for 20 minutes. Makes 1 serving.

Number of Servings: 1

Back in the 70s WW had a cookie recipe that was made mostly from the apple. I would love to have that recipe again if anyone has it. Thanks.

By Lee Lee

Answers

Try this: http://www.cook  ple-cookies.html

I am looking for Weight Watcher's recipes from the mid 80s. Please help. I am especially looking for one that called for tuna, mushrooms, cheese, and tomato sauce.

By Jacqueline

Answers

If no one posts the recipe, there is a website called 'Uncle Phaedrus, Finder of Lost Recipes'. People ask him to find certain recipes for them, and he does a very good job of it. Here are his instructions on how to request a recipe search.

http://www.hung  instructions.htm

I am trying to follow Weight Watchers and my husband likes bread from the bread machine. Does anyone have a low carb (maybe 1 point) recipe for bread without using whole wheat flour?

By Cathy

Answers

Bread is made from flour which is carbohydrate, but we need that for energy. The trick is to have carbs with fiber, which is
why whole wheat is recommended. Body process it slower. However, I think I saw white whole wheat flour in Walmart the
other day, and it can be used in place of the regular whole wheat. It comes out close to white bread in texture, taste, etc. Would count the same: one ounce is 1 point I assume. Used to belong to WW, lifetime member, but have lost touch with current methods. Might go back to meetings. Machine recipes are pretty much as any made by hand. The calorie count can't vary much, as I bake bread by both methods and consider them the same.

I am chasing the recipe for an apricot log. It came out when we used to receive little books with different recipes in them.

By P. Ryan

My mom made this when I was a kid. It had peas, mushrooms, onion, bread? and buttermilk. Thanks.

By Zoey C.

I am looking for the Weight Watcher recipe for ranch dressing from the 1970s. The ingredients included buttermilk, dry gelatin, and a package of dry Hidden Valley ranch mix. I'm just not 100% sure that is all. I do recall it was delicious and really helped make losing weight a treat! Thanks to anyone who remembers the recipe :)

By RF

Weight Watchers had a recipe using tomato juice, garlic, onions, and bell peppers at last 5 minutes. It was called WW pizza with ricotta, the above sauce, and 1 oz. of cheese. It was served on bread and put in oven. Were there other ingredients?

By NB from TX