Protein and Fiber Packed Breakfast Cookies
Protein and fiber are essential parts of any healthy breakfast. Bake these breakfast cookies beforehand so you have them ready to eat when you need to eat something fast and easy but don't want something unhealthy. This is a guide about protein and fiber packed breakfast cookies
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Whole grain, packed with nutrition, gluten-free, and vegetarian (vegan if made with maple syrup), this breakfast cookie has no right to taste good... but it does! This is a great breakfast on the go. A much healthier choice than packaged granola, protein, or fiber bars.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 cookies
- 2 cups quick oats
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup peanut butter (preferably all natural peanut butter), almond butter, or sunflower seed butter
- 1 cup pure maple syrup (the real thing, not artificial) or honey
- 1/4 cup apple butter (do not substitute applesauce)
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. If not using a non-stick pan, line cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until combined. The dough will be quite stiff (and sticky). A stand mixer is great for this!
- Drop 1/4 cup dough onto prepared cookie sheet. Slightly flatten the tops to desired thickness. Cookies will not spread in the oven.
- Bake 15-16 minutes or until edges are slightly brown. Allow to cool completely. Cookies stay fresh at room temperature for 1 week. Cookies can be frozen for up to 3 months - I individually wrapped them in saran wrap and placed in a freezer bag)
* If you do not have quick oats, you can measure 2 cups whole oats and pulse in blender or food processor about 5 times.
February 16, 20150 found this helpful
Going to make these, look delicious!
In This Guide