Holly Tree With Yellow Leaves and Black Spots

I have a beautiful 10 foot tall American Holly tree that has been extremely healthy until the beginning of April. The holly is at least 20 years old. Now it has lots of yellow leaves some with black spots. I am afraid it is dying. What can I do to save it?

Hilda C. from Alexandria, VA

My hollys are doing the same thing. You see, they're not evergreens, but not exactly deciduous either.
Every spring the old leaves die off, turning yellow and often with black spots. Those fall off and within a week or so the new, fresh little leaves emerge. Good luck. If this still concerns you, take a few leaves to a local garden center and show them. Someone there should be able to help you. (05/06/2008)

By Shosha

Shosha was right. My tree is back to its beautiful full green self. The yellow leaves with black spots are now mulch. Thanks everyone. Hilda C. (06/12/2008)

Felt Holly Ornament
Making Felt Holly Ornaments
Lilac Bush
Lilac Leaves Turning Yellow
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Rose Bushes
Treating Black Spots on Rose Bushes