Homemade Baby Shower Gifts

Category Baby Items
Add a touch of extra love and uniqueness to a baby shower gift by making it yourself. This is a guide about homemade baby shower gifts.

Receiving Blanket Candy 9

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making receiving blanket candies. A sweet and useful baby shower present that resembles oversize wrapped candies.

Dog portrait 1

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making a puppy dog collage baby gift. This simple paper craft looks very professional when it is all put together.

Finished wreath.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making a diaper wreath. A useful, decorative gift for an expecting mom can be a wreath made of diapers.

Baby Shower Diaper Cake

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 3

This guide is about making a diaper cake. A wonderful centerpiece for any baby shower can be created with diapers.

Is it inappropriate or weird to give handmade jewelry as a baby shower gift? I am a professional jewelry artist and my sister is having a baby shower. I'd like to give her a special necklace that I made for her, but I don't know if it's appropriate or not. I did also get a baby gift, but I want to give my sister something just for her. Thanks.

By Stephanie

Answer Was this helpful? 2

Speaking from experience, I think it's a great idea. Last year for my niece's baby shower I sort of went overboard with stuff for the baby. I also made a Mother's charm bracelet for my niece. The charms were all baby related...bottle, rattle, carriage, teddy bear, bootie, etc. She loved it.

Margaret from Denton, Texas

It is totally appropriate for you to give the new mom a gift as well. It is a bit like the congratulatory gifts and flowers that come right at the birth.

If there are other little siblings, as a new mom, I always appreciated the few small gifts that some included for the "big" brother; at 2 or 3 there is sometimes a jealously problem, and they don't understand why the baby gets all these fancy presents and they get nothing, but a little car or teddy made them feel part of the big celebration.

Absolutely it's appropriate and a wonderful idea. When I go to a baby shower I make up a pampering basket for mom. It can include anything from lacy nightgown to a favorite scent, candles, bath gel, bubbles, etc. Everyone has always loved them and can't wait to see what I've put in the basket. I have to say, I would have loved to have received a beautiful piece of jewelry to commemorate the birth of each of my 5 children.

I always include something for the mom herself along with a shower gift. Usually homemade relaxation things like bath salts or a covered china mug to help keep her beverage of choice warm while she tends to the baby.

I think she will love your gift forever!

I would like to have the directions to the diaper cake pattern and other baby shower ideas, and gifts. Thank you.

By Delilah from Columbia, SC

Best Answer

An easy-to-do game I have used before is fun, easy and very frugal.

Make a list of items a baby uses or needs or even an action word will work.

Sample list:

PARDISE

CARIPFIE

ETOBLT

Ask the players to unscramble the letters as quickly as they can. Set a timer (according to how long the list is).

Every player will need a copy of the list, pencil or pen and paper. It's likely they will be writing on their laps so make some magazines available to use as a writing surface.

When the time is up, the person with the most correct answers wins.

The dollar stores have fun little items that you can use as "prizes". They are even more special if they are wrapped up in pretty paper with cute bows.

If you plan on playing more than one game set the "prizes" out on a table and let the winner choose which one they want. Be prepared for a tie. If prizes are limited, have a second list you have made up ahead of time and let the tied contestants do a play-off. This time the one who gets all the words unscrambled first wins!

By the way, the answers to the scrambles above are:

DIAPERS

PACIFIER

BOTTLE

I did not check my own spelling, so please go ahead and do that! To add a little something special to another person's post regarding the guests each bringing a bag of disposable diapers, add something to the invitation that says everyone who brings a bag of diapers will get a raffle ticket or be in a special drawing (you can make these up yourself, something as easy as dropping a slip of paper into a hat or bowl with the guests name on it). Have a great time!

OH, one more game I think is hysterical is to have a ball of string or yarn and a pair of scissors handy. Have each guest cut a piece of the string or yarn to the size of the mommy-to-be's belly - where she is widest around.

There will be very short and very, very long strings. The one closest to the actual size wins. If there are a lot of people measure the mommy's belly then cut a string to that size to measure up against. If there are fewer people it's really fun and can become hysterical for each guest to measure her string around the guest of honor's tummy. Be sure to take lots of photos!

Best Answer

For a game that has been a hit at many baby showers go here http://www.thri  9062326.tip.html

Have you tried typing in: 'diaper cake directions' in your search bar? I don't know the exact site(s) to give you but I know I've come across them previously on the 'net.

I would like to get my friend's little one off to a healthy, non-toxic, earth-friendly start, and I need to spend less than $30. I could just get a small gift basket from one of the on-line shops I've seen, but with those, you end up paying $7.50 each for smallish bottles of lotion, shampoo, etc. Is this a good deal?

Papillon

If you live in a large enough area, how about a month of diaper service? I used cloth diapers as I am environmentally consciencous myself and I received 3 mths of service as gifts. It was great. Diapers in a pail, no detergent or anything, then into a provided plastic bag, picked up at my door and fresh diapers dropped off.

try Burts Bees, they have safe all natural products and even have a gift set for little ones, called Baby Bees. just put in a search. I use the baby bee products and I am an adult. Best of luck

morgan

Years ago I bought a baby food grinder at Sears. You could check there, check other stores or do web search. I nursed my youngest daughter for 8 months and used grinder for leftovers or extras. Can freeze the extra ground food in ice cube trays then put in bags for later use. I never bought baby food except for cereal and occasionally a fruit or dessert. Saved a lot of money on baby food.

How about a mini time capsule?

Buy a newspaper from that week, and a few culturally relevant sweeties, articles, photos and seal it in a nice tin with ribbons (Its also a gift for Mom and Dad!). You could even include a little note or message.

Eco friendly diaper cake is an excellent gift idea for a baby shower. not only is it beautiful its also very practical. Check some out on: www.growinstyle.com

I would like to know how to make a diaper basket?

By larica from Charles Town, WV

So cute diaper newborns! (2 sites of same shop, first is newborns, second listed URL has other baby shower gifts)

http://www.shop  em/6-758-H4686QY

http://www.shop  6-176-3154316605

Sock roses or washcloth roses are very cute. You can also make a motorcycle with diapers. Just google or do ask.com and step by step instructions will be found. I made all of these things for my daughters baby shower. We didn't buy any of the decorations for the party.