Making a Diaper Wreath

Category Baby Items
This is a guide about making a diaper wreath. A useful, decorative gift for an expecting mom can be a wreath made of diapers.

This is a diaper shower gift that I made for my granddaughter for her baby shower.

Approximate Time: 60 min

Instructions:

1. I took a diaper opened it up and put it on the wreath much like you would put a diaper on a baby
  2. Tie the ribbon around the diaper, put the ribbon on the back and tie it on the front with wooden animals. I used 4 or 6 wooden animals
  3. Curl the ribbon and move on to the next diaper, one at a time until the whole wreath has diapers and wooden animals, as well as, other items that you might want to tie on. I used teething rings and small stuffed animals. You could use face cloths or anything for the baby.

It is cute and easy to make (my granddaughter loved it). I made this wreath and entered it on a baby shower gifts website, they put it up and it's still there. :)

By Jackie from Salisbury, MD

Does anyone know how to make a diaper wreath? I saw one at a craft fair. One was made for a boy, and the other for a girl.

Answers

Best Answer

Disposable diapers
Wreath frame
Ribbon
Large bow
Scissors
Toys/baby necessities
Tape
Floral wire

Step1 Decide on a theme for your diaper wreath that highlights an animal or a color. Choose colors that will go in the nursery if you know the color scheme.

Step2 Open each disposable diaper and put them around the frame of the wreath with the open side of the diaper facing out.

Step3 Tie each of the diapers onto the frame using a ribbon so the bow you make when you tie the ribbon will face the front of the wreath, in the center of the diaper.

Step4 Adjust the diapers so there are as few gaps as possible on the wreath.

Step5 Use ribbon to tie on toys and other baby necessities such as pacifiers and bibs onto the diaper wreath. Try to distribute them as evenly as possible. Secure the items with tape, if needed.

Step6 Add a large decorative bow to the top center of the wreath.

Step7 Create a loop with floral wire and attach it to the top of the wreath so it can be hung on the wall.

Best Answer

I used a wicker wreath and put the diapers around it & secured each with a rubber band. Then I just started decorating.
They are REALLY easy to make.

Craft: Diaper Wreath

This is a diaper wreath I made for my first grand child (she is due in 12 days.) It is made using size 2 diapers since the diaper cake was made of size 1. This way they won't have to tear them both down at the same time.

I decorated it with a stuffed duckie, some bibs with sayings on them, pacifiers, baby bath time items, and ribbon. I personalized it with a stork announcing her birth. This one is made to go to the hospital. You could also use them as baby shower decorations.

By Tammy from Herrin, IL