Homemade Body Wash Recipes

Buying body wash at the store can get to be expensive. This page contains homemade body wash recipes.

October 8, 2009 Flag

I like this because it works just as good as the fancy stuff and the ingredients are super cheap.

Directions:

add canola oil to shampoo. Mix without making bubbles, and add the essential oils and food coloring (optional). Then add the baking powder and the baking soda, and lastly mix in the salt. Pore into a a bottle and apply with a tulle sponge (or any sponge) and enjoy!

By slumbergirl234

Hello slumbergirl :-)

Thanks for posting your body wash; it certainly sounds interesting. I wondered if perhaps sweet almond oil, or olive oil might be better for the skin than the canola oil. I realize that it may add a little extra to the cost, but I'm sure the added benefit would be worth it. Have you tried other oils with your recipe? Cheers ... Wendy

Thanks so much for this recipe. I can't wait to try it.

March 25, 2010 Flag

This is something I came up with a few weeks ago and I love it! Very frugal, costs about 25 cents to make and it goes a long way. Great for large families who go through too much shower gel.

If you are using everything unscented in your recipe, feel free to add a few drops of your favourite essential oil to it or keep it unscented if you prefer.

Pour the soap, lotion, glycerin and dish liquid in the bottle then top off with water. Close and shake slowly to mix. I like to leave a little room at the top so the liquid can mix. Squeeze a little onto a bath "pouf" and wash! This tends to make a nice bubble bath too.

I will be making this for visiting backpackers through couch surfing.org for the bathroom downstairs. This is great if you have a lot of people using the shower and you're going through shower gel like crazy. These days you can get all kinds of yummy scented dish liquid. I have a nice organic ylang ylang and grapefruit one that I found on sale for $1. Unscented lotion can be found at dollar stores. Even if you use a higher end one, making this will still be less expensive anyway.

Happy Shower!

Source: Taken from a post on my blog that I wrote: http://thefrugalvegan.wordpress.com

By freya1970 from Halifax, NS

I love the idea!

Just curious what brands you used?

May 5, 2008 Flag

Milk shower for silky and strong hair and soft skin. Take 4 cups of milk to rinse. DO NOT USE WATER FIRST. Use regular shampoo and rinse with MILK to get shampoo out.

Take 2 cups of milk, mix with brown sugar for a scrub and clean body. Rinse with milk. Warm milk as needed and let it cool before using.

Tips: Leave in milk for 5 minutes in hair and massage hair good for the milk vitamins to help hair. Goat milk is great too.

Source: Grandma "Mariaelena" As a child, she used this method to shower her hair but with NO SHAMPOO and her hair. As I did it over the years, my hair is STRONG, VERY LONG and shines with no chemicals or effects and natural product.

By Judy from Council Bluffs, IA

Sorry if I offend anyone, but I think this is such a wasteful practice. Milk of any kind is such a beneficial/nutritive food, it seems criminal to throw it down the drain this way. Never mind that most people have to pay $4-5 per gallon today. NOT a thrifty thing to do, in my opinion.

My first thought was, "At $4.00/gallon, I can't even think about pouring milk on my hair!"

However, my second thought is maybe one could buy one of those clear plastic tubs big enough to stand in, but small enough to fit in your bathtub, then recycle the milk for the next hair washing. Then I realized the milk would have shampoo and dirt in it and wouldn't be good to wash your hair in again. I can't think of any way to make it frugal at this point in our economy.

God Bless,

Sheila in Titusville, FL

You may have just inherited your beautiful hair from your grandmother. How does it not smell bad after a while?

it's just wasting of money. All people is looking for an economical way to stay younger and beautiful, is it right? Sorry to offend you but it's true. We're in crisis you know. It is not a good idea.

First of all, whole milk is 40% fat and under FDA rules, has no more than 200 million pus cells per gallon in every state (except LA, which seems to have 400 million for some reason) Besides containing delicious cow pus, milk also is one of the main causes of ear infections in children.

So, if you're under the impression it's "nutrious", I suggest you do your research since you are, I assume, an economical and intelligent consumer. Milk is an excellent beauty ingredient, just not for consumption. Powered milk is the way to go being fairly inexpensive for a large box. I use it in my bath scrub recipes as well as a mask. I mix the powder with water and apply with a cotton ball.

Also, if you happen to get knocked up or have a lot of kids, WIC gives you at least 4 gallons a month of milk for FREE. Since I obviously don't drink the disgusting stuff, I pour it in my bath water (Cleopatra also did this). So, in conclusion, I say don't drink the crap because it's worthless and use it for beauty if you happen to find yourself stuck with it.

Calcium concerns, I promise, can be taken care of either by good ol' soy milk (has more calcium and protein vs. a gal. of milk) and leafy greens or by supplement, which would be good for you anyway if you're a gal.

October 1, 2009 Flag

Make a lovely antiseptic body wash by adding a few drops of tea tree essential oil to your shower gel or foam bath. Shake it well and enjoy!

October 1, 2009 Flag

My homemade body wash came out runny. How can I thicken it?

By tlc0324 from Osawatomie, KS

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I'd love your recipe for body wash please!

Thank you.

I don't have experience with making body wash, but you can possibly dump it into a larger container and add more glycerin (or whatever you used as a base) until its the thickness you want. Of course, you will have more product, but its all I know you could do unless you buy thickening agents.

We would Love to have your receipe for your body wash please.

I love this body wash. It is frothy and foamy with a sponge. Try it! It works great. Always do a test patch because some skin types can react differently to other ingredients than others do.

1 tbs canola oil

1/2 cup cheap dollar store shampoo

1/2 Tbsp. salt

1 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. baking soda

esential oils ( optional)

food coloring (optional)

Mix all ingredients and use with a sponge.

For best results disolve baking powder and baking soda in 1 tbs of very hot water and poor all of it in including the water.

October 2, 2009 Flag

Does anyone have a recipe for body wash?

By sassier299 from MI

You can use just a plain shampoo that you like. Lots of ladies I know who are sensitive to different things use a basic shampoo that they like and it works wonderfully. The shampoo I get for Hubby is a hair and body one so go figure.

Best of Luck. Lori

1 tbs canola oil

1/2 cup cheap dollar store shampoo

1/2 Tbsp. salt

1 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. baking soda

esential oils ( optional)

food coloring (optional)

mix and enjoy

Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes BathJanuary 3, 2013
Body Glitter
Making Homemade Body Glitter
Vegatables being washed in a sink.
Homemade Vegetable Wash Recipes
Homemade Body Products
Homemade Body Products
Homemade Body Butter
Homemade Body Butter Recipes
🎉
🎄