Homemade Cleaner for Dishwasher

I need a homemade solution for cleaning and disinfecting my dishwasher.

Trish from CT

Answers:

Homemade Cleaner for Dishwasher

If the cleaning is for the dishwasher and not the dishes I have heard of using Tang. If it is for dishes I've used half borax and half washing soda using one teaspoon and it works great! Good luck. (10/15/2007)

By smathis123

Homemade Cleaner for Dishwasher

Good ole white vinegar and water. Do not use it on the good china because it will damage it.
Hope this helps. (10/17/2007)

By Pattie

Homemade Cleaner for Dishwasher

To clean and freshen the dishwasher use a packet of lemon Kool-Ade (not sweetened) and run through a wash cycle. Works great. (10/17/2007)

By lavonneann

Homemade Cleaner for Dishwasher

I have found that using plain old vinegar works wonders. I bought a used dishwasher that had a huge amount of hard water built up in it. I had no clue what to do. So I just thought, well, this can't hurt. I was so surprised at how well it worked! I also wanted to disinfect, so I put lemon juice in with it. All you have to do is pour it in the bottom of the dishwasher, under the bottom rack. I use about a cup of vinegar and about 1/4 cup lemon juice. You don't have to use it every washing, but you will notice when you forget. This also works great on garbage disposals and other drains (bathtub, sinks, mud room sink, etc.) Good luck.

(10/18/2007)

By Stephanie L

Homemade Cleaner for Dishwasher
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
An open dishwasher full of clean dishes.
Fixing a Leaking Dishwasher
New Open Dishwasher
Saving Money on a Dishwasher
🎉
🎄