Homemade Flea Treatment

I'm looking for a home solution for fleas, both in my house and on my pets. Any suggestions?

By deputyclerk from New Orleans, LA

Answers:

Homemade Flea Treatment

Even though you said a home treatment I want to give a thumbs up to the Frontline spray and notice I said "spray" and not the topical treatment. I think the spray is better. I have read about this, but it is too complicated for me to be able to explain. Something about the oil glands causing it to be ineffective after shedding. I am not sure. Anyway it is cheaper.

Here are some things I do in the flea season besides Frontline: Either salt or borax on carpets and furniture. Under sheets in the bed. Salt is something they really hate.

Shampoo animals in peroxide and baby shampoo. Fleas hate peroxide. Any shampoo will kill them, but when there is a bad infestation, leave the shampoo and peroxide on the pet a little longer.

Here are a few other links I like to read: grandmashomeremedies.com

I am sure you will find something that will work for you. I like the suggestion of putting apple cider vinegar in the water, go to earthclinic.com and look up pets and read all they have to say about natural remedies. They are a great site. Robyn

(05/12/2009)

By Robyn Fed

Homemade Flea Treatment

Any time I see a flea on one of my pets, I give it a bath in Dawn Dishsoap. It will kill the pests. Do not use Dawn all the time though because it may dry out the pets' skin by stripping it of its oils. (05/20/2009)

By Trundgirl

Homemade Flea Treatment
Applying Topical Flea Medication on Cats
Applying Topical Flea Medication on Pets
Dog with a Flea Collar
Using a Flea Collar
dog with fleas
Bio Spot Flea and Tick Reviews
cat
Buying Generic Capstar Flea Medication
🎉
🎄