Homemade Food for Dog with Kidney Disease

My dog has stage 4 kidney disease and has to be on a special diet. She does not like the KD diet canned dog food. I want to cook her food and need a good recipe in beef or chicken flavor. Please, I need help soon.

By Susan

I used to make my old dog a big pot of stew, with beef or chicken, potatoes, carrots, and peas...no spices, onions, or garlic. Before serving, I would add 1/4 can of gluten free dog food to about 1 cup stew. She got this three times a day and loved it. You can keep it in the fridge and warm it up before serving. My dog was a shepherd, lab cross, so adjust feedings to the size of your dog.

Have tried all of the prescription brands from the vet she doesn't like any wet food and will eat the Royal Caine dry but not much. I feel like she is losing weight and needs to eat more, am feeding 3/4 times a day or trying too. SHe drinks plenty of water.

Thanks any suggestions would be appreciated