Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Homemade Hair Detangler

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
A woman with tangled hair.

Save money on hair care products for yourself and family by making your own hair detangler. This is a guide about homemade hair detangler.

Solutions: Homemade Hair Detangler

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Make Your Own Hair Detangler

For hair detangler, fill a spray bottle with one third hair conditioner and two thirds water. Spray on hair and comb out. This not only detangles your hair, but also stretches your hair conditioner.

Source: The Dollar Stretcher

By duckie-do from Cortez, CO

Tip: Homemade Detangling Spray

My two little girls both have tender scalps, and one has long hair that tangles easily. The other one has curly red hair with a mind of it's own! I have had to buy commercial detangling spray to keep them from hollering while having their hair brushed in the mornings.

I have become concerned about chemicals, etc. in products, and because I have been making my own baby wipes lately (which are fantastic and cheap--I highly recommend this!) I happened to have the stuff on hand to try my own detangling spray.

I (mostly) filled an empty spray bottle with 1/2 water (distilled) and 1/2 aloe vera juice. I added 2 Tbsp. glycerin, 1Tbsp. Vitamin E oil, 1 Tbsp. grapeseed oil and a few drops of jasmine oil.

It will separate, so you need to shake it before use--but it really works great! I used it on both girls and my own long hair this morning, and I think it works better than the stuff I was buying. And I'm not spraying chemicals on my kids--big bonus!

By Gina J. from Colorado

Tip: Make Your Own "No More Tangles" Leave in Conditioning Spray

Make your own "No More Tangles" leave in conditioning spray: use a small spray bottle (old hair spray bottle is fine), and for normal hair use 1 part regular hair conditioner to 3 parts water, shake well and it is ready to use. For dry hair use 1 part regular hair conditioner to 2 parts water, shake well and it is ready to use.

Note: The small amount of conditioner that is left in the bottom of the bottle (turn bottle upside down to get it out) is usually perfect for this.

I use this (dry hair formula) on my hair and my 2 daughters' hair every day.

By C B

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!