Homemade Hair Detangler

Save money on hair care products for yourself and family by making your own hair detangler. This is a guide about homemade hair detangler.

September 4, 2015 Flag

This is an all natural de-tangling aid for use in the shower. It is chemical free and nearly free to make. Yay!

Total Time: A few minutes

Yield: Just over 1 cup

Source: Pinterest inspired

• 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 cup water
  • 10-12 drops bergamot essential oil
  • 10-12 drops tea tree essential oil
  • empty spray bottle
  • funnel

1. Pour 1 cup water into your empty bottle.
  2. Add apple cider vinegar.
  3. Add the tea tree oil.
  4. Related Content(article continues below)
  5. Add your bergamot oil.
  6. Replace cap and shake well.
  7. After you have washed and conditioned your hair, spray this all over. Work through with your fingers. Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse well. That's it! :)
CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Gotta give this a try....my hair is so tangled and I am tired of fighting to get out those knots every morning!

August 5, 2010 Flag

For hair detangler, fill a spray bottle with one third hair conditioner and two thirds water. Spray on hair and comb out. This not only detangles your hair, but also stretches your hair conditioner.

Source: The Dollar Stretcher

By duckie-do from Cortez, CO

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have very long hair, and if this works, it'll be wonderful.

Thanks for the tip.

MisMachado

June 29, 2007 Flag

My two little girls both have tender scalps, and one has long hair that tangles easily. The other one has curly red hair with a mind of it's own! I have had to buy commercial detangling spray to keep them from hollering while having their hair brushed in the mornings.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 12, 2005 Flag

Make your own "No More Tangles" leave in conditioning spray: use a small spray bottle (old hair spray bottle is fine), and for normal hair use 1 part regular hair conditioner to 3 parts water, shake well and it is ready to use.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 21, 2015 Flag

My daughter's hair is matted horribly; she cries whenever I try to brush it. The last resort is to cut it. I can't seem to find anything to ease the pain and also work to get thru it. I feel as though I'm a horrible mother because I just can't seem to get these matted tangles out.

By Amber

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

You might consider taking your daughter to a hair stylist for help as they have products and techniques that can help your daughter's hair problem. They can also suggest ways you can avoid the problem in the future.

Best Answer

I think there are hair products such as "No More Tangles" that will help. Do you use a creme rinse in her hair? I like Dinah's suggestion of taking her to a stylist for assistance, as perhaps the texture of her hair makes it more prone to tangles. And, if she was my daughter, I'd get that hair cut in a very short style that doesn't require this type of upkeep.

Good ideas. And just because your daughters hair tangles doesn't mean you are a bad anything...especially a mom.

Keep in mind hair is just dead skin and there may be a chemical in her's that makes it fine and prone to tangles. Here is what I found. I hope it helps.

http://hair.all  oid-tangled-hair

PBP

I agree with Louise! Get that hair cut. Having long hair can't be worth all that pain.

Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes HairMay 4, 2013
cocker spaniel
Homemade Pet Hair Detangler
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 26, 2017 at 10:10:58 AM on 10.0.2.240 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.