Homemade Hand Dishwashing Liquid

I am looking for a recipe for making my own hand dish washing liquid.

Thanks in advance!
Karen from Wisconsin

Answers:

Homemade Soap for Handwashing Dishes?

If you have powdered clothes detergent, this might be a suitable substitute for handwashing dishes. In the case of very greasy pots and pans, or dishes with baked-on stuff, soaking them in very hot water will help remove the deposits before putting them in the detergent water. Adding vinegar to the wash water might also be useful. Make sure that you rinse the dishes well, to remove "additives" that might be present in the clothes soap, but are not normally found in dish soap. (04/13/2005)

By P.

Homemade Soap for Handwashing Dishes?

I would think a little cheap shampoo would work in a pinch. (04/13/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Homemade Soap for Handwashing Dishes?

When I was little there was no such thing as dishwashing liquid. We used clothes washing powder. Cheer, Tide And Fab did it all! (04/13/2005)

By mary e. in va.

Homemade Soap for Handwashing Dishes?

Use a little grated soap in hot water about 1 Tbsp. and rinse dishes in clean water with 1/4 cup of vinegar added, (this is not neccessary if you dry your dishes straight away) done it heaps of times and works great. (04/23/2005)

By shazdove

Homemade Soap for Handwashing Dishes?

Using Detergent and shampoo or whatever is definitely not good for your digestive system. With all the chemicals in it, you may end up paying more for all the medical bill. The best is grinded/powder charcoal or ash. Not only it removes the grease but it also polishes as well. Best of all, it is cheap,safe and enviroment friendly. (06/03/2005)

By Laman_my

Homemade Hand Dishwashing Liquid

This is something that is probably cheaper to buy than to make. (11/21/2005)

By teddygirl

Homemade Hand Dishwashing Liquid

Try this website they have tons of household cleaner recipes. (11/24/2005)

By christi

Homemade Hand Dishwashing Liquid

I just use very hot water : )
(12/15/2005)

By Clare

Homemade Hand Dishwashing Liquid

I would use baking soda preferably mixed with borax. (01/09/2006)

By Mel

Homemade Hand Dishwashing Liquid

This inexpensive soap does not suds up very much, but it cleans so well! Use with hot water. Do not use it in automatic dishwashers.

• 1/4 cup soap flakes
  • 2 cups hot water
  • 1/4 cup glycerin
  • 1/2 tsp. lemon essential oil

1. In bowl combine soap flakes and water and stir until the soap is dissolved. Cool to luke warm.
  2. Stir in the glycerin and the essential oil, leave to cool. AS it cools it will form a loose gel. Stir with a fork and break up the gel and then pour into a narrow-necked bottle. An old shampoo bottle makes an excellent container.
  3. To use, squirt 3 teaspoonfuls into hot running water.

from http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/9684/fabric.html (06/20/2006)

By Melleyjelley

Homemade Hand Dishwashing Liquid

Does anyone have the recipe for window cleaner to use in a spray bottle with water hose..I hd one but can't remember the right mounts..It was a gallon of water and dwan dish soap and jet dry...HELP...(quote)(/quote) (09/24/2006)

By

Homemade Hand Dishwashing Liquid

Ok, I know this sounds a little extreme but when I ran out I used Gain Powder laundry detergent and some bleach... And then boiled some water to rinse them in!! Works great, so great in fact about one a month I wash all the dishes in it again.. It doesn't leave water marks on your glasses and it takes away a LOT of the baked on stuff and the stuff that can get in crevices of your forks and things like that.. And it kills all germs.. Just remember to rinse the dishes really well in extremely hot water.. (03/21/2007)

By Brandie from Bama

Homemade Hand Dishwashing Liquid

A bit of borax in hot water works very well. It also dries leaving minimal water spots :) (02/07/2008)

By Dawn

Homemade Hand Dishwashing Liquid
Dishwasher detergent being poured into a dishwasher.
Cleaning With Dishwashing Detergent
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
Little Girl Dishwashing
Saving Money On Dishwashing
Homemade Dish Soap Recipes, Man Washing Dishes
Saving Money on Dishwashing Liquid
🎉
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on December 8, 2016 at 7:06:13 PM on 10.0.1.111 in 930 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.