Homemade High School Graduation Gift Ideas

A homemade gift may be the most personal and memorable that the graduate receives. This is a guide about homemade high school graduation gift ideas.

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

April 12, 2011 Flag

My first grandchild graduates high school this year. She is going on to school. I am going to give her some money for her senior trip, but I want to design or make her something really special that she can keep as a keepsake. Anybody have any good ideas?

By Sheila

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

When each of my children graduated from High School I gave them money of course but I also found a shadow box where you could put your tassel, and other high school memorabilia. I think I found them at Terry's village.

(www.terrysvillage.com)

They loved them and now display them in their own home.

It is a wonderful gift and most can be personalized with their name.

Hope this helped.

Gem

I made my daughter a cork board and you could include l/2 of it as a message board. Put fabric around the edges or just frame it. Hers was 24x24 and I used a fabric border in school colors and stickpins &the dry eraser board she is 37 and still has hers she stuck all her memories there.

I'm over 50, but the two best graduation gifts I recieved are the ones I still have and use: a binder of original family recipes from my aunt, and a crochet blanket from another aunt. I keep both women close to me in memory when I dook a dish or cuddle in my 'blankie' that is still on the couch.

I love the idea of the recipe book with family recipes and the idea of the photo album but also maybe, with one or the other, you could give her the genealogy of her family. So much is lost that we wish we had listened to, wrote down and kept. Maybe some stories also about things that happened in the family--a history. I got this and it is a prized possession.

Read More Answers...

June 24, 2010 Flag

I would like some suggestions on cute, fun, high school graduation gifts for my girlfriends! We all graduated the first week of June and will be going to different schools in the fall. We are all making the gifts (there are 9 of us, so I will be making something for 8 girls).

So far, one friend had a mug made for all of us with personalized pictures on it, another friend got a wooden letter of the first letter of our names and glued magazine words on it, and another friend got bigger letters of our first names and put a collage of pictures on it. Basically I am looking for something meaningful that we could all take to our new dorms.

I know that was a lot of detail, but I wanted to give examples of what I am looking for. I wanted to do something with pictures of all of us mixed with inspirational quotes or something. Any ideas?

By Kayla

Could you personalize with photos and sayings an address book, note book, date book or photo album to take to college and use, for each girl, pertaining just to them? Craft stores have many plain books that you can transform into treasures. You can even find very nice albums, small booklets at the Dollar Tree to personalize.

Pick up some cute, fun frames (maybe in their new school colors), remove the glass, matte, etc and add cork cut to size for a corkboard or sheet metal for a magnet board. Decorate the edge of the frame with their name, initials, etc. At my son's school, all the girls had message boards on their doors!

How about getting a large frame with several photo openings, then fill the openings with photos of the "designated" girl with her pals? You can then "personalize" or identify the photos on the matboard. Memories made together will live forever! Have fun!

Holidays and Parties Gifts GraduationJanuary 28, 2013
8th Graders
8th Grade Graduation Party Ideas
High School Graduation Party Cupcake Centerpiece
High School Graduation Party Centerpiece Ideas
High School Graduation Party Cupcakes
High School Graduation Party Ideas
Graduation caps thrown in the air after the graduation ceremony.Saving Money on Graduation Announcements,
Saving Money on Graduation Announcements
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 12:49:36 AM on 10.0.0.127 in 649 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.