Homemade Jewelry Cleaner

How do I make jewelry cleaner?

By Dreeanna from NY

Homemade Jewelry Cleaner

I've always used plain old sudsy ammonia, or regular ammonia with a drop or 2 of dish soap added. Just soak your jewelry for half an hour or brush with an old toothbrush.

But someone told me that the easiest way to keep your diamond ring always looking like brand new is to brush your teeth, then with the toothpaste that's still on the brush, use this to brush your diamond with. It sounds gross, but it works!

* Never use ammonia, or anything harsh on opals! (11/01/2009)

By Cyinda

Homemade Jewelry Cleaner

Mix the ammonia with an equal part of hydrogen peroxide. When you put the jewelry in the solution, you can see the dirt bubbling out. DO NOT use this for opals or pearls! (11/02/2009)

By Southern Saver

Homemade Jewelry Cleaner

I make my own cleaner, using the recipe here ehow.com

By libragramma

Homemade Jewelry Cleaner

Soak in alcohol. It works, good luck. (11/02/2009)

By kffrmw88

Homemade Jewelry Cleaner

This works especially well for silver jewelry. 1 cup white vinegar to 1-2 TBSP baking soda. Let soak for an hour or so and rub with soft cloth, I couldn't believe how nice it came out. (11/03/2009)

By Tamika Anny

Homemade Jewelry Cleaner

My uncle is a jeweler and he always told me to use Pine Sol or any pine cleaner. Put your jewelery in a Dixie cup and fill with cleaner. Let sit for about 1/2 hour and use an old toothbrush to clean. This works terrific. I don't know if it works on silver jewelery though. (11/06/2009)

By MrsJim

Photo of a diamond ring set.
Homemade Jewelry Cleaner
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe
Cleaning Jewelry
Cleaning Jewelry