Homemade Jewelry Cleaner

I was shopping for jewelry cleaner one day and a lady saw me and said "don't waste your money on that cleaner". She told me to use ammonia straight out of the bottle. (This costs $1.00 at the Dollar Store and lasts for years). I was amazed when I tried it.

I put ammonia and jewelry in a coffee cup for very short time, rinse, and rub with towel or soft cloth. I also use a toothbrush to get in the crevices. The shine is unbelievable. I haven't bought jewelry cleaner in years.

By Peggy McBEe from Jesup, GA

6 More Solutions

Soak jewelry for a few minutes then rinse well with water.

I am looking for a safe, homemade cleaner for cleaning diamond jewelry.

By neuroticmom from Castaic, CA

Answers

I always use baking soda and a toothbrush. Hope this helps.

My Mom always soaked hers in ammonia, worked like a charm, can use a 50/50 but use distilled water as tap will leave a film. Try windex or rubbing alcohol, though someone once mentioned vodka, but I'm not going to waste my vodka!

I use toothpaste. Use the paste and not the gel. I works great for me.

My neighbor who worked in a jewelry store told me to just use amonia. It works!

The baking soda may not scratch your diamond but will probably scratch the gold they're in. Ammonia and distilled water is the best I've used.

Whatever you do, don't use Stanley Foam Glass Cleaner on it! I sprayed a little foam on my ring while a took a shower and then rinsed it. The shine cam off my diamonds and one fell out! I totally ruined my anniversary band and it broke my heart.

My mother-in-law taught me to soak my diamond rings in ammonia, clean with a soft brush (an old, soft toothbrush would do), then rinse in alcohol to bring up the shine.

Answer this Question

I have a silver necklace that I got from my husband the morning after our wedding. As a result of the use of perfume, body lotions, etc. the necklace now looks dirty. I'd love to let it shine again, but I want to avoid chemicals, as I always try to do when I am cleaning anything .

Can anyone share tips on a home made remedy for jewelery cleaning? Very much appreciated.

By Maviga from Co. Wicklow, Ireland

Answers

Try this: line a cereal bowl with tin foil and add 1 - 2 tablespoons baking soda. Place jewlery in baking soda and add boiling water to the rim of the bowl. Let cool, rinse off jewlery (use a bit of liquid soap if needed) and let air dry.

You can use tooth paste,brush and rince.Lemon based dish washing liquid,soak in warm water and dish washing liquid and rince.

I use the same polishing cloth that is used on silver dinnerware.

Use white toothpaste to clean your silver jewelry. Use Catsup to clean copper.

Answer this Question

Is there a way to make homemade jewelry cleaner?

By Bambi from Landisville, PA

Answers

I uses 50/50 vinegar water with a drop of dish detergent. Watch the glues on constume jewellery. Gold and diamonds sparkle after being rinsed and dried with a soft cloth.

I've never bought jewelry cleaner. I don't own a lot of costume jewelry, just a few pieces of 14 carrot gold and sterling silver earrings and necklaces. I clean them with toothpaste and a toothbrush or mild liquid detergent.

Answer this Question

How do I make jewelry cleaner?

After noticing my store bought jewelry cleaner smelled mostly like ammonia, I refilled the empty jar with half sudsy ammonia and half water and used that to clean my jewelry instead.

Home and Garden Cleaning JewelryOctober 15, 2011
🐰
🍀
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf18376369.tip.html