Homemade Picture Books for Children

Category Baby Items
Homemade Picture Book
You can make colorful picture books at home for your children. This is a guide about homemade picture books for children.

My 2 nephews, age 1 and 4, came for a visit while on vacation. I wanted to give them something to remember their trip to our house. My parents came a few days before and we put books together. I printed off pictures of the farm animals, pets, family members, tractor, and a 4 wheeler (they are boys that like machines!). Dad typed each name of the animals or family and printed, Mom cut out the pictures and we put through my husband's laminator. We then used the paper hole punch and tied together with plastic wire ties so the pages would turn easily. The boys loved them. It was entertainment on the way home in the car. It was a fun, family project! The boys could remember and learn their letters and words too.

By Esther from Plainfield, OH

Since babies get bored with everything too soon, this is the best way to engross them (4-16 months). I cut attractive colorful pictures of almost anything from magazines or newspapers and then just put them in sandwich bags. Punch them and spiral bind them. You are ready with a new colorful baby book which you can change every now and then. Plus, you can wipe them easily for any of baby spills.

By Sapna from India

My little one doesn't seem to like board books with drawings for pictures, and rather than go out and buy more books, I decided to make them. I used ziplock bags (not the zipper lock bags), construction paper, old magazines, and yarn. I cut out pictures of animals, babies, trucks, etc. from the magazines and cut the construction paper to fit inside the bags. I grouped the pictures by subject and glued 1 picture to each side of the construction paper. Then I slipped it into the baggie, sealed it closed, made holes in the baggies by the ziplock, and threaded and tied the yarn.

Source: I found it on a website, but I don't remember what it is.

By Jenn T from Lenox, MA