Homemade Recipe For Hair Gel Or Root Booster?

Does anyone know how to make spray gel? I tried mixing some with water in a spray bottle but it didn't come out right. Or even a recipe for hair gel or root booster. This stuff gets very expensive to buy at the salon.

Thanks

Kathie, Portland, ME

Answers:

Aloe Vera Jelly is a great hair gel. Its not really homemade, but is inexpensive. Very good for the skin and hair. A good moisturizer, all natural. I buy from http://www.aloetherapy.com. and their Aloe plants are grown in Greenhouses. All Natural, no insecticides.
(01/10/2005)

By Joy

Back in my high school and college years, when I wore a mohawk or a wild spiky do- I used Elmer's glue or liquid spray starch in order to get a great hold at a tiny fraction of the cost since I needed to use it so frequently. (02/24/2005)

By Suzanne S.

Mix petroleum jelly with aloe vera, dove conditioner, and with any type of moisturizing lotion.
(mix well). (02/25/2006)

By Kenyon

When I had a mohawk, I would use a mixture of Elmers' glue and either normal hair gel or liquid hand soap (the mixture makes it a lot easier to wash out) (12/05/2006)

By Joe

homemade hair jell for mohawks over 4 inches

I've tried A LOT of gels and i honestly have to say that corn starch that comes in a box that you can get anywhere and elmer's glue mixed together into a thick paste is the best. (07/10/2007)

By wolf l.

Egg whites, egg whites and elmers glue is better, but egg whites works also. After you blow dry or naturally dry your hair run the egg white through the part you wish would spike, then hold it up for a bit, you can also blow dry it to speed up the process. It makes it stand longer if you lay down and hang your head off the couch or bed so that all your blood rushes to your head and your brain is scrambled.

=] (10/30/2007)

By Catherine Johnson.

I'm not really sure how well it works but someone told me that if you boil 2 cups of water and 1/4 cup of sugar it makes a really strong hairspray. (04/17/2010)

By imxaxmuffin

Boil on what temperature and how long?

Hand Scooping Out Homemade Hair Gel
Homemade Hair Gel Recipes
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎉
🎄