Homemade Sewing Kits
A sewing kit is not only a great gift idea, but also a nice item to have in your purse or desk at work. This is a guide about homemade sewing kits.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
A sewing kit is a great gift for anyone leaving home.
- tin (an Altoids tin is perfect)
- tape measure
- buttons, hooks and eyes, and snaps
- black, white, and dark blue thread
- straight pins, needles, and safety pins
- needle threader
- Cut notches in the edges of a small piece of card and wind thread around it, sticking the ends down with scotch tape.
- Cut out two squares of felt.
- Loosely sew the buttons, hooks and eyes, and snaps to one square, knotting them each individually.
- Push the pins and needles through the other square. Place everything inside the tin. Et voila!
By Beth from EnglandRead 6 Comments
One way to reuse prescription bottles is as a portable sewing kit. Put a spool of thread into the bottle, pierce a small hole in the lid and run the thread end out the lid. Put several needles and pins, however many you might need, inside.
This way I can take sewing projects with me and finish them while I am waiting for appointments, etc. When I have a number of items to mend or hem, I either stack different bobbins in the bottle in different colors or use gray thread, which blends with almost any color.
By LynnRead 3 Comments
I work for a guy who I know couldn't sew on a button to save his life. I made him a little sewing kit with pre-threaded needles (I threaded them) in black and white, and extra shirt buttons. I then taught him to sew a button, and he now has everything he needs at his fingertips.Read 2 Comments
Related Content(article continues below)
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 18, 2017 at 12:11:23 PM on 10.0.1.190 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us