Homemade Stain Remover for Clothing

How do you make a stain remover at home. I am looking for step by step instructions?

Vvguggari from Karanataka-India

Answers:

Homemade Stain Remover for Clothing

This is a great stain remover. Personally, it has gotten out stains that were several years old in hand me down kids clothing. Pour Chlorox II powdered bleach into a small bowl and add just enough Dove dish detergent to make a gritty, runny paste. You will be able to feel the dish heat up. Spoon this mixture onto the stain and let it sit until it dries (It may take 2-3 days). Wash as usual. This has worked for me many times when all else has failed. The only problem is now I am having a hard time locating Dove dishwashing liquid at the grocery store. (09/14/2007)

By Kathy H.

Homemade Stain Remover for Clothing

I use Clorox Oxy magic. Sometimes it takes a few applications and a lot of soaking. It got an enormous poop stain out of my newborn daughters outfit. You know how that is. I just kept spraying it every day, and it kept getting lighter and lighter until it finally disappeared. I can only find it at Family dollar and I think Dollar general. But it's NOT the same as Oxi clean. It usually works much better. I use it on my carpet too and it works great! (11/16/2007)

By Rachel

Homemade Stain Remover for Clothing

I use WD-40 on my husbands Wranglers when he gets auto grease on them. It also works on sap after scrapping off the excess. I would test a corner of your shirt. I do think WD-40 has a color to it. After the grease comes out, rewash the shirts in just laundry soap before drying. I was told if you don't you might have a fire hazard with your dryer.
(04/22/2008)

By Kimmylee

Homemade Stain Remover for Clothing

For the 'best' homemade spot remover, combine equal parts of liquid dish soap, ammonia and water in a spray bottle, shake and spray spot. It's better than Shout or Spray and Wash! Don't like the smell of ammonia? Don't worry, the smell will dissipate. I make a large batch in an old bleach bottle and refill spray bottle as needed. (06/27/2008)

By Ess

Homemade Stain Remover for Clothing

I tried the pre-spotter: 1 cup Dawn, 1 cup ammonia, 2 cups water. It works well, but if you leave it on clothes, it leaves an outline, but re-washing removed all outline marks. Overall, I think it worked well, but beware like advised on the posting, to wash immediately. Cheap stuff to make! (07/18/2008)

By Janette

Homemade Stain Remover for Clothing
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
A wood table.
Fixing a Wood Table With a Nail Polish Remover Stain
Homemade Varnish Remover, Up close photo of varnished wood.
Homemade Varnish Remover
Laundry supplies.
Homemade Stain Remover Recipes
🎄