Nail Polish Remover Stain in Bathtub

Category Bathroom
Nail polish remover may leave a stain or damage the finish on your tub, creating a discoloration. This is a page about nail polish remover stain in bathtub.

I stupidly poured acetone down my shower and now my shower base is stained! How do I remove it?

Answers

Try Magic Eraser or Barkeepers Friend.

If your shower is plastic the damage may be permanent.

If it is a composite material you can try a little Simply Blue Dawn Dish soap or plain Tide and let it sit for an hour or so and then use a clean sponge or cotton rag to lightly rub it out.

Post back with an update!

This may be difficult to remove - if at all.
You may be able to lighten the stain.

Try using blue Dawn - let sit for an hour and then use soft cloth to rub and rinse.

You do not say what type of material the tub is made of so you'll have to be careful and not use any abrasive product just in case it would do further damage.

Some people have used baking soda made into a paste - let sit for a hour or so and gently rub and rinse.

Also, some have suggested using a white toothpaste - same as using baking soda.

Please read a little from these sites so you'll know what not to use.

www.angieslist.com/.../how-clean-bathtub-right-way.htm

sciencing.com/remove-acetone-residue-12192301.html

Today I spilled about three caps full of pink nail polish remover into my bath tub, it's a new bath so when I'm cleaning I don't want to damage the colour under it. I tried bathroom cleaning wipes and that got most of it off, but now there's a big spill in the bath that won't budge. I'm really worried as I live with my parents and it's really more their bath. Does anyone have any ideas for getting it out?

By Hollie D from Wexford, Ireland

Answers

Anonymous

Ive had this happen to me before, use toothpaste

Anonymous

This just happened to me. I used car polish (Meguiars 85) with a Magic Eraser and a tone of elbow grease.... didnt come out 100% everywhere, but is 95% better.

I would like to know how to remove nail polish remover stain from bathtub?

By Sharon02 from NJ

Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomJuly 15, 2013
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-31 13:38:32 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️