FurnitureRepair

Nail Polish Remover Stain On Dresser

I removed the finger nail polish off my finger nails and placed the cotton balls in an empty Kleenex box to toss in the waste basket. I sat it on my dresser, forgot about it until that evening, and now the Kleenex box is stuck to my dresser. After removing it there is now a rough spot and it also removed some of the stain. How can I repair it? It is about the size of a 2-3 quarters put together.

Pam from Indianapolis, IN

By Lisa from Lena, WI. (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Sand it, stain it, varnish it.

You can bring a drawer or door to the paint or hardware store and they can match your stain. They will also be able to tell you what kind of varnish to use to match the best.

Best Answer

Try Old English scratch polish. Does a great job on old furniture. Looks like new.

By scrubalert (Guest Post)

You can probably try using a paint pen that available at craft stores like Micheal's. A paint pen is available in a lot of colors but you might want to chose a color a shade darker than the color of your furniture.

Using this pen might help you cover the stain.