FurnitureRepair

Nail Polish Remover Damaged Dresser Finish

Category Furniture

How do i get nail polish remover stain out of my cherry hardwood dresser? I just finished painting my nails and I was waiting to dry them. I started to dry them on my dresser, when it smudged a little bit went on my dresser. The following week I decided to rub it out with nail polish remover. Some came out, but it left a stain on my dresser. It's a little lighter than it's color how can I get it to it's normal color. Please help.

By Samantha

This happens, I'm so sorry. The only thing that has worked for me (if its small spot) is acetone yes remover. Use a q-tip so only touching the spot. Be prepared to have stain, furniture touch up, or refinishing kit if you wish to do whole area. Be patient, do it slow, steady hands.

Refinishing furniture is hard, takes so much time...you can do a very close job by matching stain. After you remove the polish, clean area (free from wax, dust and remover) match your stain. After you match stain of Cherry you could go over the top in a clear coat. This makes it invisible most of the time, whole area will be shiny,new looking. I hope I helped some (?).

Blessings!