Homemade Thanksgiving Decorations

Category Crafts
It is fun and satisfying to make your own holiday decorations. This is a guide about homemade Thanksgiving decorations.

Toilet Paper Roll Fall Lantern

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 1

This is a guide about making a toilet paper roll fall lantern. A thrifty craft to create autumn themed lights that can decorate your home.

Autumn Felt Wall or Door Hanging

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 1

Felt Leaf Garland

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making a felt leaf garland. You can make a colorful fall leaf garland using felt cutouts.

Thanksgiving Heart Decoration

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about Thanksgiving heart mural decoration. Thanksgiving is sometimes overlooked when thinking of crafting decorations for the holidays.

I love to decorate our home in rich tones, after a playful Halloween decoration came down I found these pretty glass Christmas tree ornaments at a flea market last year. (Tip- they were labeled from the Christmas Tree Shop as glass ball ornaments and were priced 20 for $2.99. So even if you must go to buy them, they are really pretty and look more expensive then they really are!)

They seemed perfect to use for my dining room for the Thanksgiving table since they were in gold tones and were in the designs I use every fall- pine cones and nut designs.

They are already pre-strung on nice thin gold ribbon so I just looped them onto a hoop and tied it to my existing chandelier.

You could even string less on the hoop and keep some to tie around your dinner napkins or add to a centerpiece.

I think they look pretty!
What do you think?

Fall Wreath For Thanksgiving

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

Welcome your guests to a Thanksgiving meal with a homemade wreath for the season. You can make your own and then you can reuse it year after year.

I like to take my children walking in our neighborhood. On our walks we find beautiful leaves and seed pods that have fallen from the trees.

A simple decoration for Thanksgiving is cloves stuck in an orange. I did this last year with my children and they loved it. Whole cloves have a pointy end that can easily stick into the orange.

pumpkin turkey with candle feathers

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

A turkey that lights up for great conversations and giggles. Prop the pumpkin on an angle on the platter so the top points up at a 45-degree slant if it doesn't balance easily.

Make a turkey head out of paper and affix to toothpicks. (if you want it more fancy, make it out of felt and stuff with batting)

Tie a length of nice holiday ribbon to apple stems and suspend them from the ceiling or in an archway or doorway from thumbtacks. Make sure though, that they hang higher than the tallest person's head, who lives with you or visits, so they don't get bumped!

I want to start planning for next year and decorations for thanksgiving are few and far between. Actually Christmas just seems to jump right in there without any ideas for thanksgiving. I crochet and am thinking about starting to create some designs just for thanksgiving. I'll try to convert any suggestions you give me to crochet patterns as well as using your original ideas, too.

By JazzyMe from Los Angeles, CA

Anonymous
Best Answer

Make garland out of the fallen leaves to hang around the door. Just hot glue them on a piece of rope. Collect when the leaves start changing colors. A wicker basket of pine cones also makes a nice centerpiece.