Homemade Wrinkle Releaser

I tried some of that stuff in the grocery store that you spray on clothes to get rid of the wrinkles. It was expensive, but it worked. I looked at the label, and basically it was just fabric softener. So now I buy some fabric softener, put about 1/4 cup of it into a spray bottle with water, and spray it on my clothes. Then I hang them up and shape them on the hanger. Presto, the wrinkles are completely gone. It is a fabulous thing to know; I had to share. Does anyone else do this?

Cubangirl from Seattle

Answers:

Homemade Wrinkle Releaser

Been doing this since I saw similar hints here - and I can get a nicer scent than the usual "fabric softener" smell, with specialty fabric softeners, too. We are addicted, and I even have a small spray bottle for weekends away. (08/06/2007)

By

Homemade Wrinkle Releaser

I put a dryer sheet in a small spray bottle and fill with water, then spray the wrinkled clothes and hang to dry. I carry a dryer sheet in my suitcase along with a small spray bottle to use when I travel. (08/07/2007)

By Dottie

Homemade Wrinkle Releaser

I keep a spray bottle of water + 1 tsp. of laundry soap by my washer and in my closet. I hang wrinkled clothes on hangars, spray, then brush down with my hand. The wrinkles disappear. I also use it in my closet to pre-treat soiled clothes before placing them in the laundry basket. (06/26/2008)

By Sandy

Homemade Wrinkle Releaser

There are some good ideas on here. I was wondering, with fabric softener, it usually rinses out. Does using Downy and water harm the clothes at all? I know it is diluted but I am just wondering from someone who has tried it. Many Thanks, E. (09/20/2008)

By Elaina

Homemade Wrinkle Releaser

I, too, have mixed purified water and rubbing alcohol, 50/50 mix with about 2 Tbsp. of fabric softener. Spray on wrinkled garment, smooth away wrinkles with your hands and let it dry. It works like a charm. Another wonderful use for this is to spray it on "too tight" clothing and stretch the fabric. It will make the waistband on jeans, tight t-shirts, etc, stretch to fit the way you want. You can stretch some things up to a whole size bigger! (01/06/2009)

By Lauri

Homemade Wrinkle Releaser

Hi, great idea. What size bottle do you use, 33.81 FL oz? (01/20/2010)

By trebuh

Homemade Wrinkle Releaser Recipes
Homemade Wrinkle Releaser Recipes
Front of a wrinkled shirt.
Preventing Wrinkled Clothing
A woman applying wrinkle cream.
Homemade Wrinkle Cream Recipes
Woman Holding Up Shirt With Iron Burn
Wrinkle Free Clothes Without Ironing
Anti-Wrinkle Mask Recipes
Homemade Anti-Wrinkle Mask Recipes
🎄