Homemade Wrinkle Releaser Recipes

I love the smell of Febreze, but can't stand the price so I searched for an online equivalent which I can not take credit for but will gladly share. Go to any local store and take the caps off the liquid fabric softener, sniff away till you find one you like. Purchase the softener and a spray bottle.

Take two capfuls of the fabric softener and fill the rest of the spray bottle with water and wallah! Instant fabric freshener. If you prefer a less potent smell you can use 1 capful of softener, it still works the same.

Also, if you want to make generic wrinkle releaser you use 1 capful of any liquid fabric softener and fill the rest of the spray bottle with water. Spray on wrinkled clothing tug to smooth and hang to dry - wrinkle free.

But the coolest thing is if you keep your bottle of fabric freshener in your laundry room, you can simply spray it on the wet clothes when placing them in the dryer, I use 8-10 sprays per load and you no longer need dryer sheets but get that oh so lovely smell and feel that fabric softener sheets give your clothes.

By MomFor2Gifts

17 More Tips

Share a TipCheck out these tips or, if you have something to add to this page, click to share your own tip!

Instead of buying pricey wrinkle releaser, when the fabric softener bottle is almost empty fill it half way with clear water, shake and pour into a spray bottle. It works exactly the same was as the $4.00+ per bottle stuff in the stores.

You can mix a small amount of any type liquid clothes softener with water in a spray bottle then hang the wrinkled item on a hanger and spray generously.

Mix 1/3 cup water, 1/3 cup fabric softener and 1/3 cup of vinegar in a spray bottle with fine mist nozzle. Spray onto clothing then tug and pull the item to smooth it. Hang or lay flat to dry.

I use metal binder clips or clothes pins to add weight by clipping them on the bottom hem before hanging and spraying. How you place them depends on the garment but I use it on linen mostly.

I was buying a bottle of wrinkle releaser every week so I decided to experiment with cost costing methods. At first I simply added water to make the bottle last longer. Then I decided that was still too expensive.

I love using the solution of 1/2 water, 1/2 fabric softener to use as wrinkle spray! It has saved me dragging out the iron so many times.

Add about 10 oz. liquid starch to a large spray bottle, then fill with water. It works best on damp clothing and/or on the clothesline. Spray clothing and let dry, or smooth or pull if badly wrinkled.

I recently saw an infomercial for reusable sheets you put in the dryer to remove wrinkles. Anyone know the name of this product?

By Peggy Davis from Columbus, OH

Answers

Best Answer

I don't know the name of it but I know an idea that's cheaper. Simply take a regular sponge (one that doesn't have the green scratchy on the back) and mix up your own more frugal softener: in a gallon water jug (or milk jug that's been cleaned out) mix one or two tablespoons of the cheapest fabric softener with water and mix.

Once you have the laundry in the dryer, wet a sponge with the mixture and throw it in the load. Works like a charm!

Answer this Question

How can I make a homemade wrinkle remover for the dryer? I like the wrinkle removers that you can spray on your clothes and then put them the dryer. The ones you buy are costly and I wanted a way you can make a solution at home that work as well.

By Claudia S

Answers

Best Answer

If you spray a wrinkled garment with a little water and tumble it in the dryer for a few minutes, the wrinkles come out. Add a little liquid fabric softener to the spray bottle of water if you have it on hand to add a nice fragrance. No need to buy expensive sprays.

Answer this Question

I have been buying my wrinkle releaser for some time and finally realized I do not need to (nor want to any longer) especially after finding this awesome page/site. With that being said, I am ready to create my own batch, but I have a question on creating said batch.

I have seen many "variations" of the recipe for the wrinkle releaser "concoction". One of the ingredients I have seen on some of the "recipes" is vinegar or alcohol or something of that nature. Why? Is it a preservative of sorts?

Plz advise.

Thx for yalls help!

Answers

The alcohol tightens the skin.

Answer this Question

Could alcohol or vinegar be added to homemade wrinkle releaser to kill mold in it?

Answers

Try adding grapefruit seed extract (GSE) to the water in the ratio of 10 drops of GSE per cup of water. You do not need to rinse the solution away afterwards. The GSE solution in the spray bottle will remain potent for a long time and can be reused again and again as GSE has a long shelf life. GSE kills mold naturally as the citric acid from the grapefruit attacks mold. GSE also disinfects and deodorizes as well. You can buy GSE from most health food stores and online.

Answer this Question

Does anyone have a receipe for a wrinkle release spray like Downey? I'm having trouble finding it and also it's very expensive.

By Jill A.

Answers

I love wrinkle release spray. However, the cost sucks. What I do is dilute it. I stretch it thin. I found that water alone works for wrinkles but I love the Downy fresh smell so I usually buy a travel size bottle, pour 1/3- 1/2 into a full size spray bottle and fill the rest with water. It works just as good on wrinkles!

Answer this Question

Wrinkle reducing sprays can be expensive. Save some money and make your own at home. This is a page about homemade wrinkle reducer.

Spray bottle of homemade wrinkle reducer.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.

I tried some of that stuff in the grocery store that you spray on clothes to get rid of the wrinkles. It was expensive, but it worked.

Instead of buying a bottle of Downy wrinkle releaser, get a spray bottle and put about one ounce of liquid fabric softener in it, then fill the rest of the spray bottle with water.

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply Recipes Laundry RecipesMarch 12, 2012
👔
👒
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf201154.tip.html