Homemade Wrinkle Reducer

Category Laundry
Wrinkle reducing sprays can be expensive. Save some money and make your own at home. This is a guide about homemade wrinkle reducer.

Does anyone know how or what ingredients are in those wrinkle reducer sprays that they sell in the stores? They are so expensive and I cannot imagine that the ingredients are all that expensive. I was thinking that it is fabric softener and water, but I wouldn't know the measurements.

By Sally R.

Answers

Best Answer

From info I took from thriftyfun - I have made a wrinkle spray with 1/2 fabric softener to 1/2 water - the proportions are the same in any spray bottle. It should be sprayed and then you smooth out the wrinkles in the cloth with your hand. It may get damp - but at least in Southern California, which is dry, it dries very quickly - usually before I leave the house! I have even converted my husband to it and he is very skeptical.

Best Answer

I have used a spray bottle full of water, with about a teaspoon of cider vinegar and either a couple tablespoons of ultra fabric softener or a few drops of essential oils added. It's the water that does most of the work, the oil from the softener or essential oils changes its surface tension somehow. Shake well before use.