How Do You Remove Tree Sap From Clothes?

My son recently had a play encounter with a Pine tree full of sap and his sweater is full of it. I tried putting it in the freezer to freeze the sap so it would break off like gum does but nothing works. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
TamClou

Answers:

I had fir tree sap on a nylon jacket and used rubbing alcohol to remove it. I saturated and squeezed the excess from cotton balls, rubbed the areas with the sap and they came right off. (01/04/2005)

By Ida

I sat on an oozing porch railing in a borrowed nylon dress and was horrified to find a big glop on my backside! The wood ooze was sticky and had started to harden by the time I got home. I had borrowed the dress for a wedding.

I used that hand cleaner that mechanics use (Goop?) applied it to the stain and washed and it worked like a charm! No embarrassing confessions to the owner were required. (02/01/2005)

By M. Streetman

Alcohol works great and it's easy and non-toxic. (12/22/2005)

By Karen

Scott towel with peanut butter, rub on sap stain and it's gone. Wash area with water and liquid soap. Also works on your
car. (04/16/2006)

By Terry O'Brien

I tried the alcohol method on a pair of pink cotton shorts. Works wonderfully! (06/27/2006)

By Nay

I tried the alcohol and it worked. (08/03/2006)

By Missy

Try using sunscreen! Rub it in then rinse it out. (08/04/2006)

By molly

My husband had tree sap on his leather jacket. I was afraid alcohol or other chemicals would damage the leather, so I tried rubbing peanut butter on the spots, wiped off with a wet sponge, and all the tree sap disappeared--worked great! (12/09/2006)

By okokok

Tree sap coming out of a cut tree.
Cleaning Tree Sap from Clothing
A dog sitting near pine trees.
Removing Tree Sap from Your Pet's Fur
Beautiful Cedar Deck
Removing Sap from a Deck
Christmas tree on top of an SUV.
Removing Tree Sap from a Car
Sap spot and cleaning supplies.
Removing Tree Sap on Microfiber
🎉
🎄